gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 07:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Craig Campbell – Framestand Fakie – Still Rad?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Craig Campbell – Framestand Fakie – Still Rad?  (Read 3552 times)

rodeoflip

Re: Craig Campbell – Framestand Fakie – Still Rad?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 09:46 AM »
My name is Liam, some of the Scottish guys may remember me as one of the guys from Troon; there were a few of us (still see most of the guys regularly, although I've moved away now), who used to travel to competitions and Livi BITD. I was usually on a RL20 (had a couple of those, one which was bought off Eeko, or the "Yeti"). Remember lots of the names and faces which come up here, but doubt they'll remember me.

And yes, the wind does get up sometimes around the west of Scotland - that pipe was tied down with cables and had a pile of rock on top as ballast, and it still disappeared. The shipyard building down the road was partly blown away a few years ago, there were sheets of corrugated steel flying right across the bay

bsdforever

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 01:13 PM »
Troon Guys! I remember meeting you guys at Livi in the early 90s

teamsano

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 02:24 PM »
ah liam alone! the troon goons! you guys got me into chips and cheese, i see huv out workin on the roads wi the council a bit, dont suppose you stil work for jvc?

rodeoflip

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Nice to be remembered! Yep, used to hang around at Livi from about the mid-80s to about the mid-90s.
Sorry to hear that we started you on the sorry route to chips and cheese, that feels a bit like a jakie telling you that you got him into the Buckie. Chips, cheese and kebab meat - now there's a real treat when you're pished up.

Still see the boys around - was over the NW200 (motorbike race) with big Huv and Dave Kyle a fortnight ago. Huv hasn't changed one bit

Craig / Waigie now lives in Lewis, and is a bit of a kitesurfing guru. His brother Scott is a hairdresser and golf nut, but still a bit of a mentalist when he gets the heid down. Not so sure where the others are these days, kinda feel out of touch over the years - no idea about Jim Dandie (now there's a name from the past), Ian Coates lives in the US somewhere now, missing presumed gay / pogered. All now married with kids.

I don't work for JVC now, so no more cheap TVs or hi-fis. They closed down about a year ago, but I left in 1997, so nothing to do with me. Right now I live in the Lake District.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Craig Campbell – Framestand Fakie – Still Rad?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx