gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  ebay find
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ebay find  (Read 1791 times)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
ebay find
« on: June 15, 2007, 09:40 PM »
got this last week that was a buy it now  . going to change the bars to slams as got a chrome set and put some profile`s on it but otherwize leave as it is . what year would you say it is i think it 94 95 as solid one peice dropouts not like the early ones
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: ebay find
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 09:41 PM »
bang on paul   :)  ask alex!

rory

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:43 PM »
well done dude , welcome to s&m,
minty stem , nice

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:49 PM »
i used to have one years ago which was a early one with the two bit of metal that made the dropouts go together , i still to this day don`t know where that went .
any one know what stickers go on this yellow beast as it as has sm bikes on downtube in silver with dirtbike on top tube

and yep that stem is lush

darkersomeday

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 09:50 PM »
i was watching that and very tempted!

bargain there mate, nice condition :daumenhoch:

youre spot on with the slams,
profiles will totally transform it,
you could think about a nicer seat post too :police:

i'd have put it al little earlier due to the 1"? headset, could be though as the "oversize" "1 18th frames were only just starting to appear at that time,

lovely bike though, still totally rideable today :smitten:

post some more pics! :smitten:

darkersomeday

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 09:51 PM »
i still to this day don`t know where that went .

its in alex's shed :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 09:52 PM »
Wow, nice one. How did I miss that (Im sure my Ebay search misses stuff sometimes!). Dirtbike, right? If its solid dropouts and 990 then it will be a later one and as its 1" then its pre 96ish so your 94 95 guess is a good one. Getitng forks and stem really makes it a great find. The forks look like they are in great condition. Do you have a frame number? Do you wanna say what it cos ya?

Like you say, profiles and slams and there is nothing else you'd need to do. What bars are they on it?

Lazarou

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Are they Standard Strip bars on it?

Steve Shindig

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 09:59 PM »
Awesome find!

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 10:00 PM »
cost was £150 on a buy it now and i believe bars are xposure as go over size but could be wrong , i have to get serial number up when get the chance and few pics when when not busy

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 10:03 PM »
£150!!!! I would have taken that in a second! On a bad day you could pay close to that for a good stem and forks. What wheels are they on it, peregrine?

That is a top deal, nice one.

Oh, and I dont think I have got your old frame, but what colour was it? ha ha.

darkersomeday

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 10:16 PM »
actually looking at the stickers it probably is around 94/5, is it the hot-rod "dirtbike" sticker on the front of the toptube on the other side? i had one the same but it was an A-head frame,

the bars look like hoffman or dragonfly's early 4-pc,

so nice though, the dirtbikes, i think it was a landmark frame the changed bmx for the better forever, so much history in it,
the midschool haro gen1?

my number 1 ALLTIME bmx frame.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:36 AM by darkersomeday »

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 10:49 PM »
Its hard to see on the yellow frame but it looks like there is the thin silver rub-on next gen dirtbike downtube decals on it so it probably had a new set of stickers on it at some point.

"so nice though, the dirtbikes, i think it was a landmark frame the changed bmx for the better forever, so much history in it, the midschool haro gen1?"

Things like that make me think I dont have enough dirtbike frames!

Starting from 91, I think I had 5 dirtbike frames, 3 were 1", then a Next Gen in 97, and then back to a normal (not next gen) red 1 1/8" Dirtbike. Loved them all, but the only one I still have it the first one.

darkersomeday

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 10:58 PM »
the red dirtbike was the one i was on about dude,i remeber seeing that bike in ride at the time i was hunting for a 1/18th holmes , i'd still pay huge money for a mint example of that frame, the one with the cockerels on the tt, :LolLolLolLol:grail frame :LolLolLolLol:

the decal change would explain it,
heres the earlier decal style on a very early 1-1/8th holmes,

SaMAlex

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 11:26 PM »
the red dirtbike was the one i was on about dude,i remeber seeing that bike in ride at the time i was hunting for a 1/18th holmes , i'd still pay huge money for a mint example of that frame, the one with the glockenspielerels on the tt, :LolLolLolLol:grail frame :LolLolLolLol:

whats the glockenspielerels on the tt?

I gave that red 1 1/8 frame to a mate (I think I swapped it for action figures of the Hanson brothers out of the film Slapshot). I still talk to him and he still hasnt got round to building it up! Just after I got that one, I got another one from Backyard for a mate. Its built up and in my shed at the moment, compete with early A-head redneck in green. I will take some pics tomorrow.

darkersomeday

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 02:44 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: word filter!

they made an s&m 1-1/8th holmes with a sticker along the front of the toptube the said "HOLMES" with a big ass c o c k erel (as in the bird) next to it :LolLolLolLol:

the headtube stiker had a big proud looking c o c k erel on it too,

i've been searching for over 7 years for a set or the frame!

its my number 1 grail frame. :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  ebay find

gfxgfx
gfx gfx