gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 10:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Here's Craig Strong & Mr Stupple
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Here's Craig Strong & Mr Stupple  (Read 2378 times)

Stevo

Here's Craig Strong & Mr Stupple
« on: November 02, 2005, 11:39 PM »
From reading Ramp Rat's previous thread, I see Craig Strong was mentioned. Here's a pic of him in action and by coincidence Billy Stupple. Its from BMX Action Bike Feb 1985, and the pics were taken at the UK Freestyle Championship in London (Holeshot organised it). The riders had to do their routines to the theme from Ghostbusters  :) Cheers.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Here's Craig Strong & Mr Stupple
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 11:44 PM »
man how many of them holeshot stickers did andy give out back then. everybody had em  ;D.
dave the bmxing gypo

Ramp Rat

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 01:33 AM »
Hey Stevo, nice find...Yep....that's a mullet alright. Do you have all the old mags?

theRuler

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 08:39 AM »
i remember that mag. cool scan!!!
and i also sent an SAE to the Ruff and got a brace of holeshot stickies!

Stevo

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Ramp Rat, I cheated. I don't have any mags but I downloaded that particular issue of BMX Action Bike from www.23mag.com (French based). You can go to the downloads page directly at:
http://rothenbusch.free.fr/plus/plus.htm
Unfortunately, there's only one BAB mag scanned at the mo'. :( But there's an early issue of BMX Bi-weekly from '81. Lots of French mags though and a few US ones. Happy reading. ;)

Cheers

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 06:33 PM »
man how many of them holeshot stickers did andy give out back then. everybody had em  ;D.

There were at least 6 on me and my bike at that comp.

That was the first time that I`d rode after leaving the Skyway factory team, so when I turned up at Sobel Andy Ruffell and Craig Scoffield were all over me with stickers and a Holeshot sweatshirt  ;)

That was also the last time that I rode untill August last year, and I think I`m enjoying more than I ever did  ;)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Stevo

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Billy, looks like you weren't the only rider who got plastered in Holeshot stickers. See pic of Neil Ruffell (RIP).

From reading this article again after 20 years I see Neil had a twin called Robert who also competed in the expert class, but he was more of a racer. I didn't know there was a third Ruffell into BMX.  ??? Inspired to read you are enjoying riding again after all this time. 

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 09:56 PM by Stevo »

darkslider

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 01:27 AM »
Thanks for the download link Stevo that'll keep me busy for a bit

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Here's Craig Strong & Mr Stupple

gfxgfx
gfx gfx