gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 05:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Roger Milligan???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Roger Milligan???  (Read 864 times)

b45t4rd

Roger Milligan???
« on: June 13, 2007, 10:35 PM »
This probably means nothing to anyone here but it's a story that still makes me laugh.

Late 80's-early 90's, can't remember. Open meeting at Coxmoors.
As is the norm halfway through the meeting people broke for lunch, St Johns, track marshalls etc. So that means free for all on the track, us local idiots not racing could blast around.  ;DMe and my mate Clint were taking a breather by the table top when an ex racer, Darren Maxfield, comes tanking around the berm before said table top only to find Roger rolling slowly across the track on his Wilson cruiser. Now, for those that don't know, Coxmoors is quite a fast track. Max had nowhere to go but over the berm at high speed, after the dust had settled and Max dragged from the bushes he approaches Rog to have a "word". Now our Rog  was totally in the wrong, to be honest, downright dangerous! But he calmy said to Mr Maxfield "you are scum, your family are scum" and just rode away calm as fook! Rog became a bit of a cult hero for his actions, in the wrong, but bollox to that go on the offensive with style!

A few years later we went to Slough for a national (late 90's Irvine was racing for Ferrari). The announcer calls out the names for an old fellows cruiser moto, whos name does he call out but "our" Roger. We cheered like a right pair of idiots for him, got some well weird looks, but he was our hero.... I still wonder if he cruises around on that old Wilson (he was still on it at Slough), cutting people up, legend. :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:02 PM by vestan pance »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Roger Bumford???
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 10:41 PM »
quality story, same thing happened to me at Hayes this year, I ended up crushing me nuts, not happy, gotta larf now though :2funny:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

b45t4rd

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:51 PM »
I once went OTB avoiding a woman pushing her young lad on his stabilisers around Coxmoors. Knees full of gravel, lip pi$$ing blood, she leant over me and said "that'll teach you" To this day I still don't know what I was taught! ;D

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 10:57 PM »
aint nobody taught you about female logic yet........... >:D :2funny: :shocked: >:D

They make up the rules and change them to suit theirselves
A long time ago, in a land far away!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Roger Milligan???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx