gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Training
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Training  (Read 2680 times)

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Training
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 11:16 PM »
Been running 5 miles every night for 5 days a week. Play football on a wednesday and friday night and go out on the bike for at least 45min most days just to get the feel for the thing. Just around 6 weeks to go so should be ready by the time the meet comes up :4_17_5: :LolLolLolLol:

selfpreservation

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 02:02 AM »
Been running 5 miles every night for 5 days a week. Play football on a wednesday and friday night and go out on the bike for at least 45min most days just to get the feel for the thing. Just around 6 weeks to go so should be ready by the time the meet comes up :4_17_5: :LolLolLolLol:

that will probably do it

Webdawg

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 02:20 AM »
Been ODP training again today, get our training schedules next week god help us :idiot2:

Trev

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 02:25 AM »
Riding mini ramps is enough of a work out for me....

I used to do the whole jogging / gym routine, but figure I would get a lot fitter, a lot quicker just riding my bike.  It's a lot more enjoyable to.  Once I get more confidence back, I'll start riding street again and that will top up my fitness levels no end.

alfie

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 08:22 AM »
Training is cheating : FACT

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 08:41 AM »
Training is cheating : FACT
PMSL, you sure
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Flying_fox

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 12:28 PM »
if you wanna be a fast at cycling you need to increase your cardio vascular ability circuit training spin class skipping aerobics , sprinting cage fighting LOL but i dont reckon it will prepare you for the cahoonas it takes to get pole position in a bmx race , that takes experience and passion and a desire to win you cant train for that its a personalty trait ,  personally the concept of  competition is abhorrant to me the concept of winning is not on my list of objectives in life so id be rubbish at racing but all the best

That is very true, your mental attitude makes has a massive bearing on racing. I don't like being beaten so I do anything to get infront, I've raced bikes on and off for 23/24 years now it's in my make up to be competitive..

I don't care how fit you are if you cant jump a set of 25 foot doubles, or manual a deep set flat out you aint gonna win. If you can't snap out of a gate you aint gonna win. In BMX racing the basics and technique are most important, if your fitish and can ride a track well you'll be fine, if your very fit and strong but cant ride for shit your in big trouble.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Training

gfxgfx
gfx gfx