gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Redline Carrera... what do you think?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline Carrera... what do you think?  (Read 2072 times)

b45t4rd

Re: Redline Carrera... what do you think?
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 08:06 AM »
I do love a Redline. Nice one Ratty, a bike being used in anger. :)
Not like mine :-[

zed4130

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2007, 09:00 AM »
tony your bike looks well hard mate , i love the broken plate  :daumenhoch: this is what bmx's are all about good old fashioned abuse , did you get the cw's ?  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2007, 09:46 AM »
I did Paul :angel: They are great, do get some funny looks from the nu school though :shocked:

b45t4rd what model is that mate, looks sweet :daumenhoch:

A long time ago, in a land far away!

gt0733

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2007, 10:03 AM »
still used in anger, great stuff ratty :daumenhoch:
the white 800 may be a 1985. like this

zed4130

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2007, 10:12 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

GREMLIN

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 10:14 AM »
There's some sweet bikes there lads.  :daumenhoch:  Plenty of ideas coming my way now.
No real luck on the pad. Fair play to him that he said he paid a lot more for it than the £50 he's asking.
I actually prefer the black/grey/red pads. May not be the spec i need , but i'd like them on mine at some point.    ;)  G.

gt0733

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 12:09 PM »
the black/grey pads will not look out of place on a 1983 or later redline. they come up on ebay reasonably often and are cheaper to buy than the traditional white pads. although the ones with "carerra" are fairly rare. good luck with the build mate. don't forget the pics when you've finished it  ;)

GREMLIN

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 01:13 PM »
I'll def be getting plenty of pics up once it's all here safe and sound. Looks as tho he won't be posting it til next weekend anyhow tho. Works in the city and won't be around til Saturday. So early next week i'll be expecting it to land  ;).
I will be keeping an eye out for the later padset on the 'Bay etc. No major rush tho. 401 flights, Redline chainring and other bits will be higher on the list. I'll be after a set of chrome V-bars for it. Will the Tioga H-bars be cool to put on it? I don't want to have a set of red or blue Redline bars.        :daumenhoch:   G.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:20 PM by Gremlin »

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 03:29 PM »
G ,

Keep your eye out for Pro size (approx 28x8) Redline V bars in chrome , they come up now and then  :daumenhoch: .

Matt

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2007, 03:59 PM »
G ,

Keep your eye out for Pro size (approx 28x8) Redline V bars in chrome , they come up now and then  :daumenhoch: .

Matt
If you cant find the real deal (bubble font redline) look out for mid school redline bars in pro size, the only difference will be the logo. :daumenhoch:

b45t4rd

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 06:23 PM »
Not sure what year my "800p" is, I just liked the decals....
Did someone mention these ;)

GREMLIN

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Nice pad set. There'll be the ones i want then...  :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2007, 01:31 AM »
ohhhhh  :smitten: :smitten: how nice are they

gt0733

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2007, 01:51 AM »
oops i got wood  :-[ :2funny:

good luck finding them  pads>:D

GREMLIN

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2007, 03:21 PM »
So then lads.  When the frame and forks arrive is there anything i should especially be looking out for?
Weak points in the frame/forks etc? Ratty's mentioned about the forks being a weak point. Will they usually bend before breaking? Will i be able to tell if they have moved at all?
Once i know the serial number and can work out the year, i'll be able to tell if the decals are correct? Or if they're repros. Anything else i can be forewarned about lads?  Thanx,   :daumenhoch:    Gav.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2007, 07:21 PM »
The frames are pretty sturdy, I have never broke one, and I never heard of one going, but tell tale stress signs are the chrome flaking or peeling round welds.

The forks are crap, they go at the drop outs, I got a spare pair which I had to fit a month ago and the have cracked already >:(

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2007, 09:11 PM »
The frames are pretty sturdy, I have never broke one, and I never heard of one going, but tell tale stress signs are the chrome flaking or peeling round welds.

The forks are crap, they go at the drop outs, I got a spare pair which I had to fit a month ago and the have cracked already >:(

I think TBH the fork doubt has more to do with big old guys riding them on todays tracks , I had no problems bitd and raced mine hard for 1/2 seasons in 15/16 Expert ( and I was'nt 5 foot nowt either  ;D ) .

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Must be the skill of the rider matt, cos I snapped mine bitd :-[, but i did ride mine 24/7 back then, at rom etc.. I got some 5" pro craft forks to try, they look stronger :daumenhoch:

gt0733

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Stu or Grubbs could probably answer this one really well.
i never broke mine BITD but then i was pretty skinny. i did break a pair of Tange TX 500's at the drop out, mostly because of my crap riding style  :-[

Grem i don't think you'll have any problems, ratty has answered what you need to know :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Redline Carrera... what do you think?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx