gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 10:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Mag wheel questions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mag wheel questions  (Read 1315 times)

Lawrie

Mag wheel questions
« on: November 02, 2005, 04:33 AM »
A couple of questions from one who doesn't know.

What's the difference between graphite Tuffs and the standard versions? There's a Quad on ebay at the moment and the bloke is asking for another seven hundred dollars to include a set of graphites.

Secondly, are Aero Zytec wheels really as good as Tuffs? I was considering getting a pair of new Tuffs but there's a nagging doubt in the back of my mind that they aren't really old school. There's plenty of Zytecs kicking around though and so I might consider a set of those instead if they're as good as all the sellers claim they are.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Mag wheel questions
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 09:39 AM »
zytecs are in some peoples opinion, better than tuffs as they have sealed bearings. they just dont have the history that skyways do. they are a hell of a lot cheaper tho. and look very similar.

graphite tuffs have a lot less flex than tuffs, and were highly sought after  at the time. some say that they tend to snap easier due to their rigidity.
they have nice gold bits on though.
I want to touch ORB

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:17 AM »
I agree on the new tuffs, I really dont like em.

Zytecs are a good wheel, they spin well and they are era correct, but they are not tuffs.

weston

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 06:39 PM »
taking to Mat Hoffman & the new tuffs & graphites are alot stronger according to him, depends if they are for show, got some acs z mags £75 inc p&p, bnib.. super strong ;D

WizardWeb

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 07:24 PM »
Mr Stupple is the guy to ask about graphites, he cracked his during the summer.  :(

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 11:16 PM »
Mr Stupple is the guy to ask about graphites, he cracked his during the summer.  :(

They took agood beating first though ;)

The ones that I cracked were the new style ones, they would have been fine for normal use I believe.

The old school type are very expensive and would only be good for show now imho.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Mag wheel questions

gfxgfx
gfx gfx