gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  diamond back expert please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: diamond back expert please  (Read 2821 times)

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
Re: diamond back expert please
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2005, 05:51 PM »
oh just chose to ignore me  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( .. well thats it now ,u should send the turbo for being so rude...so comon greg tell us how u got  the turbo and how much it stands u at we all love a good dream come true story !

motomagII

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2005, 06:08 PM »
you seem to have had busy night mate,.heres the story anyways
well basically got in touch with guy who used to ride race bitd with his brother thru ebay .he lives about 20 miles away from me so i bought some wheels off him and he said he had his old bike in loft .i asked what it was he said diamond back .i told him was interested so he sent me pic .looked okay but nowt special as loads parts changed for newer ones .anyways got hold of baldbmxer who lived near him and asked him to collect the wheels for me and he said yes and would drop them to bones for me .he looked at the db when there and said yes it was okay and that it had turbo stem .danny silverstreak was looking for stem so i thought yes ill get the bike let him have the sstem and then build the rest or strip and sel it all .so really just got it for the stem for him .anyways when it got dropped off cleaned it etc as it had bit yellow paint on dropouts etc so had been massacred at some point but this paint has saved the chrome from decay .thats when i put it on here to make sure it was a silver streak as i was told .baldbmxer had spoken to the lad when he collected the wheels and knew his brother back in the day and said he used to ride a turbo !so i seem to have got his brothers old bike and not the silver streak he had somehow ?and thats the story in short ?
i paid a total of 70 quid for the whole bike .

motomagII

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2005, 06:14 PM »

pic of how it came to me yesterday
gt bars ?age unknown
gt seat
unbranded post
araya 7x 48 wheels as new nearly
white wall tyres
sugino crank with tuff neck chainring
mks pedals
turbo stem
acs boa brakeset
shit grips
unbranded tuff neck type seat clamp
turbo frame and forks  ;D
izumi coliured chain
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 06:17 PM by motomagII »

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2005, 06:37 PM »
hehe!!  i bet me ole mate jonathan(baldbmxer) is gutted or maybe he has no love for the ultimate OS bmx ..great score anyway greg  ;) it always happens to the tossers ;)

motomagII

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 06:38 PM »
i dont think hes been on yet . :)

Offline Mattskybeat

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2005, 07:17 PM »
yep they are common as muck, but the 84 model is as rare as hens teeth, they improved the geometry and the weight, so how many of these have you got lee haney ??    ;D

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2005, 07:53 PM »
oh no .. did somone rattle his cage by mistake!! ... matt its a good job ur a good bum partner  ;)

motomagII

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2005, 07:55 PM »
the bikes look superb re done the best part on them to me is the cranks they look so coooooooooooooooooll

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2005, 08:06 PM »
this is what a bought the turbo stem for from greg and thanks greg. a work in progress, it will take time, im having the bars resmoked at the moment  for the turbo and the turbolite , the lord of northampton is sorting it for me ,and having the 890 brakes rechromed along with the stem when it comes
the turbo has the serial no 3X0004 then the baseball sign - what does that mean boys ?, chrome 7x for christmas me think

check out my white sheet hanging badly , havent quited mastered this david bailey photography bit yet
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 08:12 PM by danny silverstreak »

motomagII

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2005, 08:08 PM »
looking good mate pics when complete would be great .hope mine ends up in right hands for resto .

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2005, 08:10 PM »
im sure it will greg , your find is like the one of the century

motomagII

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2005, 08:12 PM »
thanks mate glad i sorted stem out for you and benefitted .basically you made me cash from me helping you as i nearly didnt bother as skint  cheers mate greg

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2005, 08:14 PM »
thanks again , im well chuffed looking on gaybay for ages for one, fingers numb from it

motomagII

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2005, 08:22 PM »
glad i could help mate greg

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  diamond back expert please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx