gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Headest problems
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Headest problems  (Read 2367 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Headest problems
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 07:07 PM »
i have found in the past the wedge can drop or get caught on the wonk
when it slips a touch into the down tube hole inside the head stock.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 07:22 PM »
Actually, in the dim distant annals of my past I think thats happened to me.  Twisted wedge and a bloody nightmare.  Although Mr. Clubby did eventually sort it out   ;D

Paulo

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 07:51 PM »
If the stem bolt screws in then hopefully the wedge it's twisted.

I like the idea of turning the forks upside down and poking something through the bottom of the folks and wacking it.  This hopefully will get the wedge out the way it went in. Could you screw the stem bolt in the bottom of the wedge. ie poke that through the bottom of the forks?. If you can you have at least a secure bolt to wack.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 07:58 PM »
you will strip the thread in a second flat   any good piece of metal that will reach will do  then bash big time.

rarman1

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 10:37 PM »
sometimes constantly light tapping wil also dislodge them, i had one stuck in when i was a kid, belted it with a club hammer and beat my stem to feck aswell, my dad came along and lightly tapped for about a minute, the stem just released, its worked for me when doing my cars in the past too

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Headest problems

gfxgfx
gfx gfx