gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 05:57 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  85 GT performer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 85 GT performer  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
85 GT performer
« on: June 05, 2007, 11:26 AM »
I've been building / restoring this for nearly a year, and although its not quiet finished and not upto a lot of the bikes on here, I'm pretty chuffed with it so far, positive feedback from HighplanesDrifter (thanks Damien) made me think I should post it anyways :P Hope you like fella's ???

This pic has both my bikes, one of which will have to go if I'm to get a Hutch :'(

Not sure if there's enough orange going on, whats the opinion fella's?

theRuler

Re: 85 GT performer
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:35 AM »
that gt is hot, mate.

looks really good. ace choice of parts!

the haro aint bad either!

good job

munners

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:43 AM »
LOVE IT MATE. Maybe a little more orange i reckon. Weird, as i had a dilemma about wether to use blue or orange tuffs on that GT that you sold me that i have since painted orange. I like the blue ones and got some from US. Placky hubs though. I missed out on orange tuffs on the bay. Are those the ones that are on that bike?

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:09 PM »
. I missed out on orange tuffs on the bay. Are those the ones that are on that bike?

No mate, I didn't nick um off you on the ol bay. I've had these for a few months, stupidly bought one of the set from Coloured tuff? or somebody ???. You must remember the sets, with the missing front hub. What a mistake to make to me ages to track down a bloody front hub!

Think yours would look great eith blue tuffs on though 8) Did you get those forks?

munners

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Didnt bother in the end. Im just gonna make it as a 'gimmicky' bike mate. Something a bit different. Orange and blue. Not gonna spec it up too great. My eldest boy will ride it and i wanna get it finished beofre MK so he can use it there. ;)

Blue alloy hubs are imposs to get although i missed a set on here yesterday. I got mine form the US but i hate getting things from there as you never know if and when its gonna arrive. Aaaaaaaaaah. Still waiting for my Gen 1 so i am having panic attacks everyday!

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Blue alloy hubs are imposs to get although i missed a set on here yesterday. I got mine form the US but i hate getting things from there as you never know if and when its gonna arrive. Aaaaaaaaaah. Still waiting for my Gen 1 so i am having panic attacks everyday!

Yeah I no that feeling :-[ This GT took weeks and weeks to arrive, makes a big difference if you can email seller, bit more reassurance it'll get here.

I've only ever bought one thing from US that never arrived and that was a set of alloy hubbed Tuffs  :-[ Thats when paypal is useful.

I may sell a spare set of alloy hubbed tuffs in blue if your interested, but they aren't in good nick :P

highrisedrifter

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 05:31 PM »
Cracking bikes, both of those!  :smitten: :smitten:

I must get my GT built up. My Master is finished now, Mark.
The T/A will be finished once I pick up the chrome EZ bars from QBT that I think are at the post office.

I'll charge my camera up and post some pics of them at the weekend.

I love those decals. It really inspires me to sort some GT ones out in a different colour.  :daumenhoch:

HRD

rarman1

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 07:09 PM »
who does your decals, as my old gt world tour had pink decals from the factory and i need a set for my rebuild ;)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 07:34 PM »

thats a very nice frame, whats the number on the rear drop out

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 08:35 PM »
who does your decals, as my old gt world tour had pink decals from the factory and i need a set for my rebuild ;)

I did the decals myself mate. Just a scanner, photoshop and a laser printer 8)

thats a very nice frame, whats the number on the rear drop out

The number is under the bb, its G5D0221. Not sure what that actually means, ant ideas?

rarman1

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 08:53 PM »
cool, i have scaned a set i had and cleaned them up on photoshop about a month ago but wasn't sure how to print them, what do you print them on ?

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27 AM »
Here's a couple of pics of my GT's restoration. 1st off the pink had to go ::)

an hour later and plenty of nitro

End of day one, I'd had enough of the thick paint. Was hoping the chrome underneath was saveable, shame :-[

Back from the paint shop about 6 weeks later, I'm happy now, oh except I ballsed the main tube decal 1st time :'(

highrisedrifter

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 01:49 PM »
cool, i have scaned a set i had and cleaned them up on photoshop about a month ago but wasn't sure how to print them, what do you print them on ?

I can PM you the details on the stuff I use, together with the links on where to get it when I get home, if you want mate?

HRD

dodgydave

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 05:00 PM »
very nice mate ..love them gts .....mine will be finished this week , just need brake pads & seat clamp ( yellow tuff pads & mx seat clamp )..both on way ....looks good in white .... :smitten:

primoman

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 07:24 PM »
the gt is lovely , i think the orange is just right maybe some orange seat clamp and cable, and it is mint!great resto , :smitten: 8)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Nice rebuild mate, looks very nice

:daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Lazarou

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Needs a Mallet stem and the chain tensioners chucked in the bin!

Lazarou

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 10:21 PM »
....other than that, lovely!  :daumenhoch:

Lazarou

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 10:22 PM »
....and the cranks are too new.

Blokeonabmx

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 10:48 PM »
fresh looking bikes there  :daumenhoch:

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 11:50 AM »
Needs a Mallet stem and the chain tensioners chucked in the bin!

Funny isn't all are different takes on how these bikes should be re-built ::) I had a redline forklifter bitd and that was always going to be my only choice when I started re-building bikes. The mallet stem only appeared after I stopped BMX'in.

As for the chain tensioners, I know they aren't era correct but heh I'm riding this bike and I certainly didn't want to kill my new paint job.

Oh glad you like the bike ;D

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 12:04 PM »
nice rides there FAZE3

so, have you got a Trickstar yet ???
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 04:54 PM »
nice rides there FAZE3

so, have you got a Trickstar yet ???

No not yet :'( But its only a matter of time >:D

Paulo

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 11:41 PM »
Got a average condition piston stem if you want.  I recogn it looks great though. Hope you enjoyed the build. Well worht it.

dodgydave

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 11:45 PM »
i maybe selling a silver mallet ..if i can find a black one ???..the one on the gt to the right ...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  85 GT performer

gfxgfx
gfx gfx