gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Slipping Grips
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Slipping Grips  (Read 1673 times)

rarman1

Re: Slipping Grips
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 08:43 PM »
Crack one off in a small plastic container and using a lint free cloth, using a circular motion, spread the man-fat on the bars, using any excess on the inside of the grips.

If that dont work, smoke a fag and then have a brief kip :daumenhoch:

"any excess"

Wow, check out the teenager!

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Paulo

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 08:46 PM »
OK..what other hair products do you guys use on your bikes and how did you find out that Head and Shoulders works on grips. Just accidently took the bars into the shower with you? Hold on stop that train of thought. I've just had an image of a bloke in the shower with some bars. Not nice.  ???

rarman1

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 09:01 PM »
i normally get me mum to put me grips on for me

Paulo

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 09:35 PM »
 ;D ;D

Paulo

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 09:42 AM »

Sorted. Tried hairspray but didn't work. Didn't try shampoo cause that just scared me. Tried wrapping some cling fild around the bars. Nope still didn't work. The problem just seemed to be that the paint was too smooth for the really soft grips.

So stuck on some mailing labels on the bars. Worked a treat.  Happy days.   ;D

wildwood1971

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I had the same problem last week - tried wd 40 only partually worked so i then tried hairspray and that didnt work so i cleaned the bars off and tried gt85 bike lubricant and i got say it was amazing just left them for half an hour and there stuck solid. paul

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Slipping Grips

gfxgfx
gfx gfx