gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 03:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  hoffman flash mid school
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hoffman flash mid school  (Read 1155 times)

motomagII

hoffman flash mid school
« on: June 03, 2007, 06:05 PM »

not resto just built to be ridden again with some nice bits.got couple bits to change when i can but it rides smooth as nice .gonna be heading to the track with this baby

if anyone has got hoffman padset ,seat give me shout.
also the brakes are very spongy v brakes is there any way making them tight as a ducks ass please .dont get me wrong they are keen as but i keep pulling the lever into the grip and crushing me third finger with the 2 finger tech 77.and it hurts lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 06:10 PM by motomagII »

bof

Re: hoffman flash mid school
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:01 PM »
greg you have got the wrong type of lever on your bike you need a V brake specific lever, they go for peanuts on gaybay but make sure that its a Vbrake lever. :)

thesku11s

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 11:48 PM »
lol..

I can see that tech77 hinge from here..

People always scowl at me when I say so, but V brakes are the shit -

spongy u Brakes (adapted from 70's granny bikes) do not compare to the simplicity and power.

Only benefit to U's is that they work better with Gyro's.

TIP:

if your brake lever gets sticky/slow rebound,

get some emery paper and polish up your lugs till they are shiny - blob on grease appropiately.

Stick brake back on.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Greg.....I've got an Avid V brake lever if you want it? not sure what side it is though  :-\   i can send a picture of it later if you want? 

If you want it it's yours  :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:20 PM »
much underated frame the old flash, it always reminded me of a lightweight barcode,

due mostly to the seatstay wishbone arrangement that followed over from the taj frame, hoffman used it on the deebo too,

i'm not sure it waas taj that used the design first but many companies copied the idea, mongoose, haro(typically) nicked it for the mirra-pro(stitute?)

even iron horse god bless em! gave it a whirl with heinous results!

great build there though dude, looks tough :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 07:26 PM »
your o so correct on that ,and that wont bend that easily greg   ;)
my taj  bless her  lol

motomagII

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 08:40 PM »
benn upo and down drive so far and it handles really well for a mid school and pretty light too .hoffman have gone up in my estimation with this frame .ps i can 360 on the flat on it which i cant do on me standard sta :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  hoffman flash mid school

gfxgfx
gfx gfx