gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 01:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Frame snap query.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Frame snap query.  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Frame snap query.
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 11:56 PM »
glad your lads ok but lets be honest here thats real bad quality that. reasons for buying se and other good brands is so you dont have to worry about problems.
 you will get a replacement no problem. the sale of goods act protects you what ever the reason as its not fit for purpose

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 06:56 AM »
Whoa  :shocked: please pass on my  :daumenhoch: to Izaak on an ace frame snap, glad he's ok, Alans will stand on for this, they wont have a problem in claiming from SE, lay it on thick though, a family trip with bandaged arm (with an appointment with Alan himself) would be the best bet. Hope it works out. :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

magna13

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2007, 08:25 AM »
shite hope hes alright, must of a been a hell of a crash for it to do summut like that, i've never seen that on a p.k., they usually snap at the seat post tube and by the rear wheel

zed4130

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2007, 08:36 AM »
the life of a ali frame isnt as long as a cr-mo frame ,pros change there ali frames many times in a year , i dont use my bike that often so ive never broke a ali frame yet, but generaly i prefere good old 4130  :daumenhoch: it last forever  ;) thats a bad snap ,it must of been a big crash ,the old rippers broke just as easy though ,infact im sure older rippers arnt as over engineered as modern ali frames  :laugh: send it back  :daumenhoch:

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 09:32 AM »
christ thats a bad failure

hope izaak's ok now

Alans will do the right thing unlike a a lot of other shops
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

motomagII

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 09:59 AM »
hope your okay dude .i was thinking of getting a ripper frame to race on fook that idea now as im a bit heavier than the little dude too lol

darkersomeday

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 10:51 AM »
fast,tough, pretty and a bargain!

looks like a 100r but could be a 125r its a nice short "19 toptube though,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Waterford-Gunnar-BMX-Frame-4130-Black-NEW-7_W0QQitemZ170103979671QQihZ007QQcategoryZ98082QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

theRuler

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 06:07 PM »
hope your okay dude .i was thinking of getting a ripper frame to race on fook that idea now as im a bit heavier than the little dude too lol

i rode my ripper for years with no problems at all
and i aint exactly light weight.

send that new ripper back, for a replacement.
statuatory rights say you get 12 months? i think.

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 07:24 PM »

Izaak has snapped his ripper frame today (by literally breathing softly on it according to him) but it is only 5 months old so is it likely to be under warrenty? Or is that it and we are buying a new one :(

Phil says that because it is aluminium it might not be?  :-\

So they are still snapping, even to this day :-\ :-\ :'(

mightymini

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 07:31 PM »
this is my aidens staats ALLOY frame, it snapped on landing of a 8foot dub. we replaced it with a steel brew frame. its taken him a while to get jumping again.

Beckyboo

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2007, 06:59 PM »
fast,tough, pretty and a bargain!

looks like a 100r but could be a 125r its a nice short "19 toptube though,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Waterford-Gunnar-BMX-Frame-4130-Black-NEW-7_W0QQitemZ170103979671QQihZ007QQcategoryZ98082QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Bought it and its on its way a thankin you :)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2007, 07:01 PM »
top top frame that.

db-oldskool

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 06:20 AM »
Glad to hear your boy is ok,that break could have done serious damage. :(
Any shop should have no problem accepting a claim within warranty period,the manufacturer has to pick up the cost not the shop.
If you just take it back & raise some hell,you'll get a new one or a different brand & probably some other stuff.

I was gonna offer you this til I saw you got a new one,I just got it built a few weeks ago.
You couldn't break it by throwing it off a 10 story building,let alone a little kid jumping with it. ;D

Beckyboo

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 10:33 PM »
Just to update you that Izy is fine, no break just a bad sprain.

His new frame just left customs in the uk today which is good as he is going stir crazy without a bike and Phil will not let him near any of his! ;D
We went for walk round a park today and he was most put out and said it was a waste of a day of his life as he could have been riding! The cheek! Anyway Epic is fast approaching so hopefully all will be ready for then.

Alans have sent the snapped frame back to the manufacturers and we will see what they say :-\

db-oldskool

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2007, 07:35 AM »
Well...good luck with SE,they should give him a new one no prob,if he'd still want one that is. :LolLolLolLol:

Beckyboo

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Ahhh...no, it would be being sold on to cover cost of new frame which was a v. good deal despite customs adding their cut  :knuppel2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Frame snap query.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx