gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975754 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 17, 2024, 09:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hand Plant
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hand Plant  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Hand Plant
« on: May 26, 2007, 01:23 PM »
Did Crazy Eric Steel ever pull a hand plant?

I remember him trying them bitd and there's a couple of photos on 23mag about hand plants. I've seen them pulled on a spine but did Eric or anyone else pull a proper skateboard style hand plant on a pipe?

Just interested to know......

Thanks everyone.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

mattnice

Re: Hand Plant
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 01:24 PM »
no from what i remember he always bailed it

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 07:52 PM »
I dont think Eric ever did one but people do them now

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 08:02 PM »
matt pain did em over the spine at rom

muttley

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 08:16 PM »
Yeah but Eric was tryin em at the top of half pipe over the canyon if i remember rightly  :idiot2:  :uglystupid2:  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Thats right. People do them over mini spines now but Eric tried one on a Vert spine!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 08:27 PM »
I remember seeing some guy try a full skate style handplant at Harrow or Rom way back in the 80's, don't know who it was but never saw him make it though  ;)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Trev

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 12:39 AM »
Cool pic Alex.  Any idea where and when that pic of Eric was taken? Only cos I think I've spotted myself in the crowd with my CR top on...  Although that scene doesn't automatically ring a bell...

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 01:29 AM »
Cool pic Alex.  Any idea where and when that pic of Eric was taken? Only cos I think I've spotted myself in the crowd with my CR top on...  Although that scene doesn't automatically ring a bell...

Isn't that Mon's ramp?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

yoda

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 10:52 AM »
One for the fashion concious....... isnt that Hild who started Bench on the left side insett  ???

bsdforever

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 12:08 PM »
it sure is!! he sold it years and years ago and look at it now!!

ronnie360

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 01:01 PM »
yes that is mons ramp  :daumenhoch:

loosenut

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 02:10 PM »
another pic (if ropey!) i think this was in alfreton

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 10:18 AM »

Isn't that Mon's ramp?

Yep, mons ramp. check the thread below for all the scans from that mag.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=33496.0

andy619

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 08:59 PM »
I pulled off about 6 handplants on my quarter pipe in 1988 and 89.  That was 6 out of probably 200+ attempts.  I never landed two in a row and never found any consistency in getting to the hand plant or getting out of it.  I finally gave up on them when I fractured my arm and when I was ordered to tear down my QP.  So to answer the question directly, yes I have pulled proper handplants on a quarter pipe with a bike.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 09:14 PM »
I pulled off about 6 handplants on my quarter pipe in 1988 and 89.  That was 6 out of probably 200+ attempts.  I never landed two in a row and never found any consistency in getting to the hand plant or getting out of it.  I finally gave up on them when I fractured my arm and when I was ordered to tear down my QP.  So to answer the question directly, yes I have pulled proper handplants on a quarter pipe with a bike.

Nice one fella! 
:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

How's life in the good ol US of A?
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

andy619

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 09:27 PM »

Nice one fella! 
:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

How's life in the good ol US of A?

Here in San Diego it is the same as always, "sunny and warm with a high of 80 and lows in the 60's partly cloudy with no chance of rain", holiday in three weeks and the tuna will be here next month. :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Here in San Diego it is the same as always, "sunny and warm with a high of 80 and lows in the 60's partly cloudy with no chance of rain", holiday in three weeks and the tuna will be here next month.

Must be tuff mate - lol!

Take care and don't be trying them handplants nowadays!

Regards.

Daz.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hand Plant

gfxgfx
gfx gfx