gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 01:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pogo's
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pogo's  (Read 1094 times)

magna13

Pogo's
« on: May 31, 2007, 06:39 PM »
hi guys, i want to try to do a pogo, can you give me some advice and tips on how to do them? thanks magna13

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Pogo's
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:41 PM »
Sorry.....  whats a pogo?  A backhop maybe?

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 06:43 PM »
keep the front end up!!!

magna13

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Sorry.....  whats a pogo?  A backhop maybe?
go on bobs freetyle moves  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Yeah. A backhop.   :)

Ride towards a kerb slowly. Touch the kerb and compress your arms. Pull the bike up with your back brake locked on. Let you and the bike go all the way over so you are left standing behind it, with the bike bolt upright.

Now, do the same thing again but this time instead of you hopping off the bike as it comes up, you hop with the bike. You'll find the hop saves you from looping out. Hey presto, one backhop. Pogo. Whatever  ;D   Practice that about a million times......

The hardest part is getting past three. After that you can do any number of em.  :daumenhoch:

You can do it from an endo if you're running a front brake   ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 07:11 PM »
I cant believe you just said that. Bloody 3! I was stuck doing 3 back hops for about 15 years! What is it about getting above 3? I can do a few more now, but I can get past 3 front hops!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 07:15 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dunno mate, but three is definately the wall on those fooking things  ;D

Embarassingly enough, I once won a backhop competion at a freestyle comp at Knebworth back in the stoneage..... Still got the trophy   :-[ :)

dodgydave

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 08:17 PM »
lol..i can do a good few on back wheel ( stood on pedals )..but cant do shat on front ...lol.... :-\

ronnie360

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 09:26 PM »
try them with a coaster brake one you get the balance right you can hop forever  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 10:54 PM »
i remember beating flatland king james white in a front hop challenge....

i had just learnt how to do them properly (i.e. more than about 5 or 6)  I think he done about 18 or so and I whooped him and done 46 i think...  a great trick for building up those forearm muscles....

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 11:34 PM »
i could never hop from back wheel to front.

priv

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 11:40 PM »

i could never hop from back wheel to front.

Tyre tap to nose pick. Now you are talking!

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 11:46 PM »
i remember beating flatland king james white in a front hop challenge....

i had just learnt how to do them properly (i.e. more than about 5 or 6)  I think he done about 18 or so and I whooped him and done 46 i think...  a great trick for building up those forearm muscles....

trev made up for it now
built ya arms up for drinking the beer lol

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 11:50 PM »
I always found front hops fairly easy but back hops without a coaster was a mare - 4 or 5 if you were lucky!

There was a kid round our way called Rick, can't remember his surname, and he was awesome at front hops. Couldn't do owt else but he could front hop for England! I remember him doing about 200 in one stint! Vains on his arms nearly popped out!

:)
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Trev

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 12:14 AM »
I always found front hops fairly easy but back hops without a coaster was a mare - 4 or 5 if you were lucky!

There was a kid round our way called Rick, can't remember his surname, and he was awesome at front hops. Couldn't do owt else but he could front hop for England! I remember him doing about 200 in one stint! Vains on his arms nearly popped out!

:)

back hops with a coaster were much easier.  you just leant back on your back pedal and hopped.  none of this gripping your back brake like your life depended on it...

theRuler

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 08:43 AM »
sounds like there's a few entrants for the backhop challenge on here

i'm in ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pogo's

gfxgfx
gfx gfx