gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GOOD F&F CHROMERS IN LONDON/SE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GOOD F&F CHROMERS IN LONDON/SE  (Read 1110 times)

mclarenj

GOOD F&F CHROMERS IN LONDON/SE
« on: May 26, 2007, 09:27 PM »
Guys

Anyone out there know of a good chromer that can do the biz on my DB SS F&F ? Also,any ideas what sort of bangers it's going to cost me ?

Needs to be in Kent/London/SE if possible....

Thanks for looking.

Jon

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: GOOD F&F CHROMERS IN LONDON/SE
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 09:37 PM »
I contacted London Chroming on the Old Kent road, but they wanted £260  :shocked: for a Gen 1

If you find a good one give me a shout, maybe they would do a deal for two  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 01:20 AM »
There is a place in Hounslow that will do f&f but can't remember their name at the moment, will post it up when I is sober  :D  They are bloody good too if a little slow  :(.

Marty  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

othomas2

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 10:29 AM »
I contacted London Chroming on the Old Kent road, but they wanted £260  :shocked: for a Gen 1

If you find a good one give me a shout, maybe they would do a deal for two  :daumenhoch:

That's the one I was going to suggest... I heard £400 for f&f... but I've been told it's the best out there.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Here you go, heard lots of good things about these guys but have not used them myself, think GMAC has though and he's pretty fussy as his builds are A1  :daumenhoch:

http://www.jacksonplating.co.uk/

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Thanks Marty  :daumenhoch:

So where is Gmac  ???

garethgeezer

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 09:55 PM »
I had some parts done by the London Chroming Co for my Mk2 Raleigh Chopper. The parts were very rusty so they stripped them of the existing coating, coated them in copper first then polished the copper to a mirror finish, then they did the nickel & chroming bit. It wasn't cheap, something like £400 for wheel rims, handlebars, mudguards, brakes and all the little bits and bobs (please don't tell the wife, even though it is HER bike!!!).
But..... when the parts arrived and I opened the box, I was like... yeah! That was worth the money! Top notch work, so damn perfect.
You can save money if you do the stripping and polishing bit or find someone cheap to do that bit, then maybe get London Choming to do the plating, or if your parts are good they may not need polishing before chroming.
London Chroming are most definitely not the cheapest, in fact they're probably the most expensive, but they are damn good at what they do. It works out cheaper getting all parts done at the same time, rather then taking bits to them as and when you can afford it. Only problem is that if you use them, your parts may well have a better finish than when they originally left the factory!
Good look with it :)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 09:58 PM »
I personally think that £200 is enough for a F&F to be Chromed  ???

Frosty

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 03:20 PM »
I'll post some pics up of before and afters when I get my stuff back from the chromers in Manchester, recommended by 94performer

S.H metal finishing, Unit 3 145 old lane (off ashton road) Openshaw, Manchester. 0161 371 1876 ask for Len

He has some bars, crank arms and f+f's at the moment.

Even with postage both ways I'm sure it is going to be cheaper than London Chroming charge for a f+f for the lot!!

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 09:50 PM »
The Chromers I use (and a few others) is based in the South West (not much help I know).  But as a price guide, my recent SE Quadangle Frame and Forks were £160 for plating, they do an amazing 1st class job, no blemishes or faults at all.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 12:18 PM »
That looks very nice  :daumenhoch:

Where abouts in the South West are they ?

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 02:34 PM »
The chromers are Doug Taylors and they are based near to Weston-Super-Mare.

Click the WWW (green/blue globe) thingy under my avatar for a link to their website.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 03:02 PM »

Click the WWW (green/blue globe) thingy under my avatar for a link to their website.

Ok thanks, they are a long way from me  :(

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 04:27 PM »

Ok thanks, they are a long way from me  :(

Not a big problem.  Just send the frame to me and I will take it down and send it back when finished. Unless it is a really nice frame as I will keep it for myself  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GOOD F&F CHROMERS IN LONDON/SE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx