gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Does this make sense?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 801 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Does this make sense?
« on: May 28, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Got a couple of questions for you all.

After riding my new school bike for about 3-4 weeks now and is it me or are the old school bikes smoother to ride and if so why. Is it because there's more flex in the old school frames, the new school frames are obviously stronger (in most cases) but are they more rigid. I seem to remember my old school bikes weighing about the same as the new one I've got as I was never that worried about weight. I think sometimes if the bikes too light I always felt a little unstable in the air, just what you get used to I suppose.

It just seems a bit harsh sometimes, maybe it's my old bones and my out of practice riding that's sketchy but I still feel the old school bikes where just a bit more forgiving.

Anyone feel the same or can give me any answers.

Thanks.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Daz you just got to learn to land smoother, when I first started riding a new school with 70 psi in the tyres my wrists used to take a bit of a pounding, but now they seem to be ok now that I`ve learnt to dip the front wheel and land on transitions instead of on the flat  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Trev

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 04:23 PM »
Daz you just got to learn to land smoother, when I first started riding a new school with 70 psi in the tyres my wrists used to take a bit of a pounding, but now they seem to be ok now that I`ve learnt to dip the front wheel and land on transitions instead of on the flat  :daumenhoch:

i've seen you air.... how can you hook up and land on the flat bottom?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 04:31 PM »
I see what you're saying Billy, I've always been fairly smooth on pipes and bowls because it felt more natural to dip the front end down when coming back in because gravity aids this. But I'm finding the new jumps awkward for the reasons you say, I'm used to landing on the flat.

I'm just not used to going up and then dipping the front end as you come in to land. That's why spines scare the heck out of me, can't get used to them at all!

By the way, how long is it before my shoulders, arms and neck stop aching like I've beaten with a large blunt implement?
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 04:43 PM »

By the way, how long is it before my shoulders, arms and neck stop aching like I've beaten with a large blunt implement?

I`m afraid at our age it don`t  :(    :LolLolLolLol:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Does this make sense?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx