gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 01:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  if you have the wedge...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: if you have the wedge...  (Read 973 times)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
if you have the wedge...
« on: May 27, 2007, 09:21 AM »

db-oldskool

Re: if you have the wedge...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 09:10 AM »
That thing is pretty sweet. :daumenhoch:
Those mom & pop company bikes are getting pretty popular here in the US,due to rarity & low production #'s I believe they'll compete with Hutch in value in the near future.
Stuff like :

Wedge
Rebel
Bandito
Rhino

ETC....

Frosty

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:27 AM »
That's good news Ken, I'm hoping Star Products will too ;)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:39 AM »
you got a star f/f dude? if so, i reckon it'd go thro the roof if you bayed it, those who know know what it is and what it is will pay mega bucks

Frosty

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 09:44 AM »
Aye, it is with the chromers as we type!!

Dan stripped a rather dodgey powder job from the f+f for me a couple of weeks ago. It is one that I have wanted to get built for a while now but am still deciding on how to spec it.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 01:29 PM »
is there any noticable differences to the ghp pro then?

and i'd look for rare quirky quality bits for it as it would make it more exclusive and you often get bargains as they not in vogue, galindo bars etc, 

Frosty

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Here she is post Dan's dip!!

The gusset under the downtube is the main difference and the brake plate is just that a flat plate a little rough too!!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 08:55 AM »
the rear drop outs are different too, they not as rounded where they meet the tubes, my old ghp had a flat brake bridge but others i saw BITD had round, the later pro1s have the front gusset but a round brake bridge, nice bike frosty, a man of fine taste :daumenhoch:

Frosty

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Indeed the drops are slightly different and yes the gusset does appear on the later ones, I just thought it odd that it was on the Star and then when Greg started marketing the GHP that the gusset was dropped for the early bikes, makes you wonder why it was bought back!!!

Heres a couple of shots of an 84 frame I have since traded (wrong decals, but that is how I got it) and also my very early Pro, ohh and Greg on a later Orange bike

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 11:53 AM »
heres piccys of me pro1 with nos pro forks

Greg brought the gusset back as the downtube snapped at the headtube on a lot of them

Frosty

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 10:05 AM »
If you need decals drop Phil - Z-Man a line at Vbmx I have a couple of sets they are very good!!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 11:42 AM »
coolio, cheers frosty :daumenhoch:

db-oldskool

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 12:56 AM »
The US market is starting to look towards small company bikes,if you think about all the Hutch stuff out there & the $$ it brings,people just want something different & at lower prices.
With that said though it's gonna raise the value up quickly,so get in on the ground floor before the elevator hits the penthouse. :LolLolLolLol:
I don't know how it'll effect the UK market,unless you're the seller,the trend is starting though so keep the eyes peeled for oddities. :shocked:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 09:49 AM »
the appreciation for something different is definately lacking on the whole this side of the pond IMO, there are very few who wander off the skyway, ripper, gt, burner, haro, mongoose route. the odd exotica that gets posted up on here generates a suprisingly little interest and some of the frames are rarer than a rare thing from rareville spit roasted over ice cubes. frostys Star products frame is a shining example. that would go for mega bucks in the states im sure.

but you aint in the states mr frosty dude, so heres the deal, save yourself any more embarassment and i'll take it off yer hands, £73.76 and a big nipper :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 05:12 PM »
the appreciation for something different is definately lacking on the whole this side of the pond IMO, there are very few who wander off the skyway, ripper, gt, burner, haro, mongoose route. the odd exotica that gets posted up on here generates a suprisingly little interest and some of the frames are rarer than a rare thing from rareville spit roasted over ice cubes. frostys Star products frame is a shining example. that would go for mega bucks in the states im sure.

but you aint in the states mr frosty dude, so heres the deal, save yourself any more embarassment and i'll take it off yer hands, £73.76 and a big nipper :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:

You're not wrong dude...

Star Products... very nice :daumenhoch:

Are those Redline stickers knock offs?
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

dan-dare

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 05:37 PM »
More like Ron Jeremy :laugh:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  if you have the wedge...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx