gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My First wheel build.nice!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My First wheel build.nice!!  (Read 1234 times)

login_user

My First wheel build.nice!!
« on: May 23, 2007, 04:59 PM »
Just built these up Black annod proclass rims with nos suzue sealed bearing hubs and stainless spokes.

:daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: My First wheel build.nice!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 05:20 PM »

very nice

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 05:21 PM »
They look good , what colour rim strips are you gonna use ? .

A contrast to show the holes ?

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Spot on!  :LolLolLolLol:

Well done, and how chuffed do you feel!  :daumenhoch:

login_user

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 05:28 PM »
They look good , what colour rim strips are you gonna use ? .

A contrast to show the holes ?

Hoping to use silver but i can only find one.  :(

Heres some better pics

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 06:00 PM »
very nice and so much better to know you have built them
and not paid some one else to
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 06:13 PM »
good work mate   :daumenhoch:  i havnt built any wheels for years , im thinking now to build my next set  :daumenhoch:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 10:45 PM »
They look good m8 well done. Do you fancy doing mine ;)

selfpreservation

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 10:50 PM »
sweet mate , now get a set of black bullseyes on them fookin love black pc rims did you get these re annoed?

login_user

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 01:55 AM »
sweet mate , now get a set of black bullseyes on them fookin love black pc rims did you get these re annoed?

They where Nos silver ones,I sent them to customparts and had them striped,polished and annod black,the pics don't do them justice.  :daumenhoch:

selfpreservation

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:00 AM »

They where Nos silver ones,I sent them to customparts and had them striped,polished and annod black,the pics don't do them justice.  :daumenhoch:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :4_17_5:

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 03:17 AM »
More info. please!!!... :smitten:

What type PC rims are they?  How long did the work take?

AND...tell me where I can send some sets to be done please... ;)   ;D   :daumenhoch:!!!

~Tom

login_user

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 08:35 PM »
More info. please!!!... :smitten:

What type PC rims are they?  How long did the work take?

AND...tell me where I can send some sets to be done please... ;)   ;D   :daumenhoch:!!!

~Tom

As above Tom,there alloy proclass 1's / 2's(the only dif between 1's and 2's was the hubs sealed hubs on 1's these where on calis etc and sealed bearing hubs on 2's these where on pro class's) They where Nos,i sent them to customparts on here and the striped off the original silver(soft anno),polished the bare alloy and then re-annod(soft anno)them black,that took just under 2 weeks,then i laced them to new suzue sealed bearing hubs and new stainless spokes,which took a couple of hours.

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 09:24 PM »
As above Tom,there alloy proclass 1's / 2's(the only dif between 1's and 2's was the hubs sealed hubs on 1's these where on calis etc and sealed bearing hubs on 2's these where on pro class's) They where Nos,i sent them to customparts on here and the striped off the original silver(soft anno),polished the bare alloy and then re-annod(soft anno)them black,that took just under 2 weeks,then i laced them to new suzue sealed bearing hubs and new stainless spokes,which took a couple of hours.

Gotcha...thanks!  That is what I wanted to know...above you only wrote "Nos silver ones".  I did not know what you meant by that.  I wanted to know if you had sent him the 1st series PC rims which were chromed or if you had sent the 2nd series which were alloy or maybe even a series 3 hard anodized set to be refinished.

The sealed bearing hubs were found most often on the "1's" (chromed hoops) which originally came with the Pro Class model.

I have found more non-sealed bearing hubs on the "2's" (alloy type hoops) which came on the experts, californians etc.

As for the "3's" hard anodized...the only sealed bearing hubs I know of came on the Eric Rupe Signature model...all other models had the hard anodized with non-sealed bearing hubs (californian, expert, 10th Anniversary etc.)

login_user

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 10:13 PM »

Gotcha...thanks!  That is what I wanted to know...above you only wrote "Nos silver ones".  I did not know what you meant by that.  I wanted to know if you had sent him the 1st series PC rims which were chromed or if you had sent the 2nd series which were alloy or maybe even a series 3 hard anodized set to be refinished.

The sealed bearing hubs were found most often on the "1's" (chromed hoops) which originally came with the Pro Class model.

I have found more non-sealed bearing hubs on the "2's" (alloy type hoops) which came on the experts, californians etc.

As for the "3's" hard anodized...the only sealed bearing hubs I know of came on the Eric Rupe Signature model...all other models had the hard anodized with non-sealed bearing hubs (californian, expert, 10th Anniversary etc.)

Tom when you say chromed ones do you mean the still ones? if so these where called pro steel and not pro class,pro class 1's and 2's are the same rim allot(soft annod) then theres the pro class 3 which is alloy but hard annod.

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 10:35 PM »
Tom when you say chromed ones do you mean the still ones? if so these where called pro steel and not pro class,pro class 1's and 2's are the same rim allot(soft annod) then theres the pro class 3 which is alloy but hard annod.

LOL...no...when I say chrome...I mean the original Pro Class rims ("1's")...look below....they were chromed aluminum not steel.  The "2's" were then a dull alloy look.

login_user

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 10:58 PM »
I've learn't something new. Horrray  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My First wheel build.nice!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx