gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Racing spots near Birmingham?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Racing spots near Birmingham?  (Read 1281 times)

thesku11s

Racing spots near Birmingham?
« on: May 20, 2007, 02:02 AM »
In my search for Bmx tracks in and aroundBirmingham I have so far come across Birmingham Wheels,

which in its current incarnation is setup more as a mtb/4x/Dj track.

Also I found the remnants of  coxmoors Woods, which is in a bit of a state.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any where to ride in and around birmingham? even if its dirt/jump trails - but preferably with some race flow to it.

Also does anyone have any pics of the old spots like coxmoors in the hay day?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:18 PM by thesku11s »

chris miller

Re: Racing spots near Birmingham?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 11:25 AM »
let me no if you find any tamworths track is now the snow dome trying to get back into raceing just started to do my ride up

KELLOGGS

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:24 PM »
Nothing as such in Birmingham area mate, nearest ridable tracks are Alveston/Derby, Telford, Nottingham outlaws, Mansfield(Warsop), Chesterfield, Milton Keynes, Crewe and maybe Leicester. I have heard wheels is being done up but havent had a chance to get over for a look yet,

Jas.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 06:27 PM »
There is also the 4X track at Leamington which is rideable on BMX's too  :daumenhoch:
 :) DINGO :)

Haley

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 04:17 PM »
I can't believe there's nothing around Brum being Britains second biggest city and all........   :shocked:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 05:46 PM »
I can't believe there's nothing around Brum being Britains second biggest city and all........   :shocked:

Yeah kak aint it :(

There was a post by bmxmatt1974 re the old Redditch track that is still there, so may be worth a visit, here's the link and has current pics: http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=34651.0

Paul :)

Vans Style

chris miller

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 07:27 PM »
dont no if leicester,s track is still there i just rember the bomb hole  that tay could not fill in it was mad when 14+ started to race

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 08:19 AM »
There used to be a really good track in Coventry that held a National back in 86 I think. Got some pics somewhere - Anyone know if it is still there?

thesku11s

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 10:01 PM »
I went and took some pics of the remnants of CoxMoors

theres a lot of 12 year olds chavs who really try to enjoy it, one of them had built up some fairly large 'stunt jumps' himself out of turf that afternoon - bless.

It seems the original track builders stuck piles of brick rubble in the foundations which has all become exposed now, REally fookin Bumpy ! - making it impossible to ride round at any speed - even on my mountain bike.

Ive been told that pestering cox moors leisure centre might conjure up a rebuild :

(0121) 464 1996

:daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:03 PM by thesku11s »

b45t4rd

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Was me local years back. Don't know about the leisure centre, might be a council issue. The council made a big deal about fencing it off to stop motorbikes and thats all they think they need to do. Was built using house bricks to form the track, when the local clubs used to use it(coxmoors,bells farm & even wordseley!) the surface was not too bad. After a couple of years of no use the bricks poked through making it lethal, as you have witnessed. Don't know if Perry Park is still usable, otherwise we in the wilderness. RIP The Woods.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Racing spots near Birmingham?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx