gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 03:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  T1 progression
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: T1 progression  (Read 3108 times)

miggs

T1 progression
« on: May 20, 2007, 06:23 PM »
well i had one of these when they started out and now regret selling it and now hoping to rebuild one anyone got any ideas where to get a frame etc

darkersomeday

Re: T1 progression
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 08:19 PM »
i nearly bought a nice condition red t1 progression frame on e-bay last week! i thought about it for a little too long and of course, it went!

Robbie morales legendary "progression" signature frame when he briefly rode for Terrible one,

styled very similar to his Standard "trailboss" when he rode for SBC

NOT easy to get hold of in good condition as  only a small number were made due to big bob "no" morals leaving to start f-it bike co,

also being built in new york at SPOOKY bikes these frames are very rare and sought after,

"21toptube, 74.5 ht angle, 7+lbs, trails rocket!

i first met morales back in 2001 and he really is one of the nicest guys in the industry and a great ambassador for the sport,

check out Fitbikeco's massive success for proof.

chinese dude's comment after watching rob ride,
"you big and fat man, how you go so high!"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 08:21 PM by darkersomeday »

teamsano

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 04:15 PM »
i had one  of the first t1s in the country, which i rode for under a year, it went into storage for a while before a guy from austrailia made me a VERY generous offer which i couldnt refuse. im sure they will be a real collectors item in the future, if not already.

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 07:44 PM »
I didnt know you rode a T1!!!!

:LolLolLolLol:

Just jokin, great bikes, great company. Great pegs too. How did they think of that?  ::)

YGT

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 08:13 PM »
I can get ahold of a 2nd batch, kastan made t1 barcode ......

bsdforever

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 08:21 PM »
i had one  of the first t1s in the country, which i rode for under a year, it went into storage for a while before a guy from austrailia made me a VERY generous offer which i couldnt refuse. im sure they will be a real collectors item in the future, if not already.

the dude who bought it from you snapped it in a matter of weeks

bsdforever

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Great pegs too. How did they think of that?  ::)

Alex thought of all the good stuff long before

PE hubs which were the major influence for Gsport
Fly bikes chain tensioner
Dual material pegs

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Great pegs too. How did they think of that?  ::)

Alex thought of all the good stuff long before

PE hubs which were the major influence for Gsport
Fly bikes chain tensioner
Dual material pegs

Thanks Grant. I know that the people who matter, already know!

Hey, dont forget Left hand drive! Im proud of that one cos I got loads of shit about it.  :LolLolLolLol:

darkersomeday

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 09:57 PM »
left side drive was A big step for bmx, i think it was one of the first signs that bmx was getting its shit together as an industry, my next hub will be LSD :daumenhoch:

not sure about the hubs though, last time i was at george's he showed me some very early fat shaft hubs that went way, way back,  dunno though so...

speaking of which i STILL want one of them BSD sprockets g used to run on his bike, i kicked myself for not bagging a ti one when they came out!

have you got any pics of the brake you used to run on the red s&m alex

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 10:05 PM »
There is an alternative to left hand drive, just learn to ride opposite  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 10:15 PM »
There is an alternative to left hand drive, just learn to ride opposite  :daumenhoch:

what about learing to ride with your feet the other way?   :LolLolLolLol:
Just joking, Goofey footed riding looks great. Esp for lookbacks.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 10:27 PM »
Oi, I ride the right way, it`s all you lot that are wrong  :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though when I got back on a bike after 20 years and put pegs on I put them on the left side, which is opposite for me, because I`d never used them before so I had to learn to use them from scrarch which ever side they were on  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 10:31 PM »
I think what 'way' you ride is just what you are used to. That is why new school kids can just ride both ways, cos they learnt both at the same time. Just like skateboarders and snowboarders who can go both ways. Some dont even have a 'right way'. Mad.

christhejob

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 10:45 PM »

not sure about the hubs though, last time i was at george's he showed me some very early fat shaft hubs that went way, way back,  dunno though so...

if you want a precise date george machined his first ever fat shaft hub in his dad professor french's engineering lab in lancaster university late september 1992.  oh god oh god i am so sorry for knowing that.. i was at lancaster university at the time so that's ok isn't it..  i think he machined the hub bit and welded some superpro flanges on. or something.......  (this is a subthread isn't it?)

teamsano

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 10:51 PM »
alex don't forget bill mins favourite part of your bike, the front canti, with a pin hole drilled thru the fork for the cable!

how the hell did you manage that?  :LolLolLolLol:

haven't you seen my t-1 tattoo?

darkersomeday

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 12:36 AM »
ironically george set me a brake mod up years ago where the cable came out through a tiny hole just below the crown race to a set of canti brakes!,

i'll try to dig out a photo of it,

anything to do with t1 is spot on  in my book :daumenhoch:

as a company i think they influenced the shape of modern bmx more than any other,except maybe s&m :LolLolLolLol:

and nothing to do with the fact the taj is probably my all time favourite rider,

i think i actually might like to bum his tats.

dooley

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 06:56 PM »
f you want a progression a guy on bikeguide has one for sale

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  T1 progression

gfxgfx
gfx gfx