gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 06:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Billy Stupple Interview - 1984
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Billy Stupple Interview - 1984  (Read 934 times)

Trev

Billy Stupple Interview - 1984
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:13 PM »

Just found an old interview with one of our leaders shortly after departing from Skyway at the Holeshot comp in 84 taken from Freestyle BMX.

FBMX: Billy Stupple....

BS: Yes!

FBMX: Okay. Okay.  What's the deal with Skyway?  Talk is you've been dropped in the doggie dookie and sacked from the team. Izzit true?

BS: Well, sort of.  The deal with Skyway is I've been dropped from the Factory Team and they're now offering me a co-sponsorship for parts as well as picture contingencies.

FBMX: Why did they demote you from full factory status?

BS: Because of my attitude, apparently.  Because I like enjoying myself.  You're not allowed to when you're on Factory Skyway.

FBMX: What you're saying is there was a conflict of ideas then between you and your team manager, Peter Hawkins?

BS: Yeah.  Peter Hawkins thinks there's only one thing to do and that's to ride BMX or not ride for a team. When he used to really have a go at us, whereas the others would be putting their heads down, I'd be laughing at him you see.  I suppose he got annoyed at that.

FBMX: So where are you going?

BS: I'll see what comes up.  I'm not really that interested in riding at the moment.  I'm a bit disillusioned with it.  I think I'll get back into it in the summer, but the winter really puts me down.

FBMX: On that negative stand point, how do you think you're going to do in this competition?

BS: In the thirties somewhere.

FBMX:  Oh dear!  But still there you have it RAD readers.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Billy Stupple Interview - 1984
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:17 PM »
Very good  8)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 11:20 PM »
ah bill. winter gets me down too.
I want to touch ORB

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:23 PM »
birds n beer

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 11:24 PM »
so, did you find out who broke into rom or what?
I want to touch ORB

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 03:31 AM »
aaaaww. Poor Bill.  We now know where Nick philip got his anarchic attitude from then!!   Never mind. after a "short' rest period You quickly got snapped up by the RADBMX freestyle stunt display trick team.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

highrisedrifter

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 03:05 PM »
Bill, you young royster-doyster, you!   ;D

HRD

username

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 03:32 PM »

When he used to really have a go at us, whereas the others would be putting their heads down, I'd be laughing at him you see.

Bill, while you were laughing at him, what were the others doing to him with their heads down?  :bondage:

I think you probably were a bit "old" for his tastes....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Billy Stupple Interview - 1984

gfxgfx
gfx gfx