gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  anodising question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: anodising question  (Read 704 times)

Haley

anodising question
« on: May 18, 2007, 05:28 PM »
I've got a silver MX1000 caliper and tech 3 lever. Can they be anodised blue or do they need stripping or anything first?

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: anodising question
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 05:48 PM »
i dont think they can be done as they have steel parts on them ??? and this affects the process...........your only other option is to paint them with glass paint then clear coat :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Haley

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 06:05 PM »
OH POO!!! Just scored this on ebay too. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Cheers for the glass paint tip.  :daumenhoch:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300109610375&rd=1&rd=1

login_user

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 06:31 PM »
I've got a silver MX1000 caliper and tech 3 lever. Can they be anodised blue or do they need stripping or anything first?

Drop a line to customparts they will have the answer. Theoretically it should be possible as all you do is pre charge them in a sulpuric acid bath with a current running through them and then you dye them with an organic dye and finally boil them to seal in the colour.(thats how its done by the amature)
 :daumenhoch:

Haley

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 06:40 PM »

Drop a line to customparts they will have the answer. Theoretically it should be possible as all you do is pre charge them in a sulpuric acid bath with a current running through them and then you dye them with an organic dye and finally boil them to seal in the colour.(thats how its done by the amature)
 :daumenhoch:

there is hope...........   :daumenhoch:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 06:49 PM »
ures would be ok as theres no quick realease

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Those you won would be fine due to the lack of the quick release. I've just had a  MX1000 rear caliper back after being polished. And a rear rim two.  :smitten:

Pictures are rubbish though and don't do the work justice.

Haley

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 07:07 PM »
Nice rims. Oooer.... Thanks for the help lads!!!!!!!!!!!   :daumenhoch:

gt0733

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 09:06 PM »
glass paint looks really nice but has to be put on a flawless base. you'll find your silver parts will be ano'ed already, just without colour.
Zippy's parts are a fine candidate for glass paint, as this is the finish you need for the glass paint to look it's best due to it being transluscent.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  anodising question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx