gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  my own se baby blue
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: my own se baby blue  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: my own se baby blue
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 06:02 AM »
and then of course you get how lighting affects the colour in pictures too

It a minefield  :LolLolLolLol: 

:) DINGO :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:32 AM by dingobmxer »

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 08:32 AM »
darksomeday,  yes i do now agree,  your pic of the two frames together shows both

colours and now it's more confusing :idiot2:

it seems every one looks slightly differant, but all still look baby blue, the fact is i could buy

the same powder from two differant suppliers and they will both shade differant >:(

dingo do you own a frame the same colour as the one i posted :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:49 PM by SuperBikeDan »
For powder coating drop me a pm

Frosty

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 10:18 AM »
Dan,

Have you spoken to Chip Bowers of C4 labs in the US.

He had some powder made up last year that was very well received by the folk who had frames done by him. This is a message he posted on os last October.

"I now have a specially formulated powder that is an accurate match for the old school SE baby blue. This was custom made in a limited quantity for me from samples and codes given by Scot "the OM of BMX". This is a much purer and higher quality powder then has been offered before by me or the previous provider a few years back. NO WHITE SPOTS or other issues common with the more economical blended versions. I will be using most for my own customers and only selling a limited amount. The powder should stay fresh for up to 2 years if stored correctly. It is unlikely I will have more made within that time due to the high cost of having it made right. Get it while you can if you think you will need it or are outside the US.
$50 / 1lb (plenty for a frameset w/most pc systems)
$75 / 2lbs
$150 / 5lbs (almost 2 liters)
+ actual shipping costs

a2002corvette@aol.com"

He is in the process of upgrading his paint shop so may not have had anymore made, but who knows he may be willing to pass codes etc on to another Connoisseur of the art of powder!!

Good luck

Paul

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 10:34 AM »
I guess at the end of the day it depends on how much time/money you want to spend (or even how anal you wanna be!) on getting the colour excatly right? I believe that the nearest pantone ref is 298C, but that is a pure paint colour.

I agree with dordy, you aren't going to tell from various pictures in different lighting, you will see a completely different shade if you take a pic in natural as opposed to artifical light, it would be good to line em up at MK - i bet they are all different !!

Over time i guess even SE changed the shade, and an orignal framest may well have faded over the years, if C4 have invested in getting a custom powder made that great, but for me, i am happy with the colour Dan has suggested and you also know that Dan will do a great & honest job !

:)

I had the same headache when i did my Trickstar - in Candy Apple Red !

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Frosty

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 10:45 AM »
There was also a lot of discussion about the DuPont code BS225, but if Chip can share the make up with Dan then there is an alternative

darkersomeday

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2007, 10:57 AM »
i'm just as confused sb-dan!

all these baby blues!

one thing i do know though,
they all look fantastic!

who's is the s&m rv "24?
i want!! :smitten:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 11:29 AM »
I do think that the new school SE B.blue looks darker than the o.s, but there again it may be the lighting?

also, were the original SE bikes painted ? rather than powder coated ? would that be a factor also ?

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Frosty

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 11:36 AM »
Apparantly the original SE bikes were powdered, there is a lot of discussion about this on both forums over the pond and has been for a number of years.

muttley

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 11:40 AM »
Alans re-did a few Quads a couple of years back, i think waxin still has one, perhaps Al can offer some more info on it.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 08:04 PM »
i'm just as confused sb-dan!

all these baby blues!

one thing i do know though,
they all look fantastic!

who's is the s&m rv "24?
i want!! :smitten:

My old one, now owned by Flying Fox

Dan I only have one baby blue bike now and its my Quad cruiser that is sparkle baby blue
 :) DINGO :)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 11:01 PM »
looking at all these bikes and the lovely baby blue :smitten:

my only conclusion is that if you look at a pale blue on it's own and it's near enough

to what you think is bb/blue then thats the colour  that sticks in your mind :idiot2:

to me all the light blues that iv'e seen,   standing on there own,     look :4_17_5:

does that make sence ;)

ps,   there's four painters at my firm and if someone comes in with a colour that

they need matching  you get four different opinions as to what the colour is,

after a lot of arguing and colour charts we do tend to agree on the final choice  ;D ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:26 PM by SuperBikeDan »
For powder coating drop me a pm

darkersomeday

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 11:48 PM »
looking at all these bikes and the lovely baby blue :smitten:

my only conclusion is that if you look at a pale blue on it's own and it's near enough

to what you think is bb/blue then thats the colour  that sticks in your mind :idiot2:

to me all the light blues that iv'e seen,   standing on there own,     look :4_17_5:

does that make sence ;)

ps,   there's four painters at my firm and if someone comes in with a colour that

they need matching  you get four different opinions as to what the colour is,

after a lot of arguing and colour charts we do tend to agree on the final choice  ;D ;)

i think you got it in one mate,

such a great colour for a bike,

but why?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  my own se baby blue

gfxgfx
gfx gfx