gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:04 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Newschool euro bb
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newschool euro bb  (Read 825 times)

GREMLIN

Newschool euro bb
« on: May 10, 2007, 06:27 PM »
Hi all.  :)  Am watching a new school frame at the mo, which is just around the road to me. It's got a euro bb set on there which is 19mm spindle size. For Odyssey etc.
Thing is i have a nice 3 piece here which has a 20mm spindle which i want to use on a build  ???
So my questions are...  Are bearings readily available to fit 20mm spindles in euro size and are they sealed units or push in like fitting sealed bearings into a normal U.s sized bb?     Many thanx,   G.  :daumenhoch:

bof

Re: Newschool euro bb
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 06:55 PM »
euro bottom brackets have normal bearings in them but they are smaller, The bottom bracket that you need is the same size as the ones that MTB manufacurers use like DMR, Azonic and other cromo 3 pc cranks. Chain reaction cycles sell them and i also think the generic d30 cranks have 20mm spindle I think cyclesports and alans do the D30 cranks. can I have first dib dobs on your 19mm euro BB if you get the frame please.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:24 PM »
euro bottom brackets have normal bearings in them but they are smaller, The bottom bracket that you need is the same size as the ones that MTB manufacurers use like DMR, Azonic and other cromo 3 pc cranks. Chain reaction cycles sell them and i also think the generic d30 cranks have 20mm spindle I think cyclesports and alans do the D30 cranks. can I have first dib dobs on your 19mm euro BB if you get the frame please.

Vulture 

:LolLolLolLol:

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

MeddlE

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 10:55 PM »
It's the d20 crankset as I have a set that I no longer use, the 20 relates to the 20mm spindle.

GREMLIN

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 02:47 PM »
I decided against getting the frame in the end. Too much messing around sorting a euro bb, internal headset etc.
I finally found my 3.p.c and it is a D20, was initially stickered up as Fishbone. And as i already have a U.s sealed bottom bracket with it etc. The only thing i'm missing is a spacer set for it. I did pick a set up but i had to move the crank arm further out so the chainwheel bolt didn't catch on the bb boot.  Which meant in the end the front and rear sprockets were too much out of line.
Does anybody know if an allen headed chainwheel bolt for say a Redline will fit my crankarm? Should be a standard thread size shouldn't they? Then the bolt shouldn't foul the bb cup.  ???   Thanx,  Gav.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Newschool euro bb

gfxgfx
gfx gfx