gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 07:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  REKKA HUBS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: REKKA HUBS  (Read 2063 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
REKKA HUBS
« on: July 24, 2007, 07:58 AM »
REKKA HUBS does anyone out in the big wide world have any ,as i need a set for someone.
they are the same as mine but i want to keep these so looking for ones or a pair.dan

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: REKKA HUBS
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 09:13 AM »
Dan - try Custom Riders, they used to sell a load of Rekka stuff there...might be worth a call...?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 09:55 AM »
i have tried everyone i could think of dave,mason was first on my list but alas only head cups   :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:01 AM »
were REKKA the same as the PE hubs?

they might be tricky to get hold of these days, searching regularly on e-bay might be the only way of finding a pair dude,

alex knows the PE dude doesnt he? you could ask him,

i'll have a search around for you mate and keep my eye open for a set :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:07 AM »
cheers joe
the rekka hubs and the pe hubs are very different both custom hubs of sorts but different.
these are my hubs so keep your eyes peeled guys.

16mm axle rear 14m axle front    :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 10:20 AM »
nice :smitten:

you do a hell of a job with these wheels dude :4_17_5:
i remeber the pics of them before, they look sweet as fook now,

if the rekka's prove too hard to source you could go the PE route,even g-sports would be similar era,

"eyes are peeled" :LolLolLolLol:

Lazarou

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 10:22 AM »
were REKKA the same as the PE hubs?

they might be tricky to get hold of these days, searching regularly on e-bay might be the only way of finding a pair dude,

alex knows the PE dude doesnt he? you could ask him,

i'll have a search around for you mate and keep my eye open for a set :daumenhoch:

Alex WAS the PE dude!

A friend of mine had some Rekka hubs but hated them! They kept coming loose and his wheels would move and on one occasion fall off!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:24 AM by Lazarou »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 10:25 AM »
lol    i have been after a "pe "front for my holmes  but no luck yet   ;)

darkersomeday

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 10:37 AM »
was PE anything to do with that company that made the really expensive free-coasters? dream-machine? green-machine? something like that!

i'll be honest though living in sheff there wasnt really ANY other uk hub company :LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 10:40 AM »
cyclone cycles sold them ,not sure who manufactured them but alex was involved  .
the gsport hubs  i have about 5 of them i might use apair if a pe doesnt surface.

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 06:03 PM »
"..... I AM the baby eating bishop of Bath and Wells!"

PE Hubs were the hubs I designed and got made (the first left hand drive hub?). The bloke who made them did a top job (and also had some input on the design) and was keen to make more. I couldnt get anyone to do sell them without putting 40% on the cost and it just made them really expencive. I asked Cyclone Cycles and Ray said they would sell them and just put a fiver or so on top of what they cost to make (John and Ray rule!). I put the dude who made them in contact with Cyclone and they worked it out between them. They sold well for a few years but then light cassette hubs took over and that was that.

Those expencive free coasters were made by Mike Jory, a flat lander and top man from Exeter. They were called Sym Hubs and from what I could tell, the were great, just cost too much to make.

I dont dont anything about Recca or G-sport hubs so I cant help you any more.

rakas17

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 08:08 PM »
those rims just reminded dan. any news on the peregrine stickers?   did you get your endcaps? havent heard from ya.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 10:11 PM »
Rekka Phil lives in Canada now....  I know a man who may know a man..... leave it with me   ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  REKKA HUBS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx