gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 03:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  haro bashguard models
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: haro bashguard models  (Read 2024 times)

ash

haro bashguard models
« on: October 27, 2005, 08:34 PM »
how many haro bashguard models did they make?

and

what yearidge are they likely to be?

RADHAB

Re: haro bashguard models
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 08:43 PM »

ash

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 08:53 PM »
ta

any good?

RADHAB

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 09:03 PM »
1989/90 was the first one, which was a Master, then they improved it. The improved version rode more like a sport but had a steeper head angle, so it had the same wheel base as the sport. This improved version in my opinion was probably the nicest bike to ride.
Then you had the Sport like the one you see Hoffman riding in headfirst and of course the Master variation came along shortly after.
There were other Bashgaurd bike's, Gt had the Agressor, Dyno had one(Cant remember the name), Bully had a couple, A company called beyond bought one out (Be a rare find ;)), Wilkerson Airlines had one bolted to there Riot model.. thats all i can think of at the moment!!

ash

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 09:07 PM »
i presume the master and sport models still had the double or single top tubes then? ??? ??? ???

so this would be a sport then ? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 09:10 PM by ash »

RADHAB

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Yep but the best one was the 1990 one, here's a pic of mine from 1990 its the one i'm sitting on in me Avatar.

FIL EBZ

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Those Masters made new school bikes feel like they are made of candy floss. God all the rock and roll variations that came along with the bash guard generation.

Not going into the alternative use for a Volvo 900 series`s front end ....

Fil

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 10:43 PM »
has anyone got stickers for a 89 master as need some as been hunting a while now
no1stuntmaster on instagram

fraz167

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 08:45 AM »
Dyno had one(Cant remember the name),

the slammer i think

WizardWeb

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Here's my old '91 AirMaster.

theRuler

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 10:13 AM »
the bully bashguard was the daddy

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 10:13 AM »
so what where they like over the coping?
I want to touch ORB

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 05:12 PM »
so what where they like over the coping?

all over the place due to plastic bashguard , i took mine off my sport as annoyed me ,problem was after a few months all the bottom end got dented in so i swap it for a mongoose holligan {wish i still had that ,got nick out garage }
no1stuntmaster on instagram

2Fresh

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 12:10 PM »
A friend of mine had a 1990 basguard Master just like RADHAB but it was "black-chrome" which was actually just a thin layer of black laquer on top of chrome plating. Nevertheless it was sweet looking!
While on the subject, i remember once reading from BMXPlus! that Jesse Puente cut the Master's basguard section completely off to make more room for dump truck tricks. Sounds funny as the the bottom bracket was "floating in the air" at the bottom of seat tube :). Think about that.
I also remember couple friends who had GT Aggressor and Dyno Slammer and they too eventually cut the bguards off and ruined their frames but they were street riders. ;D

FIL EBZ

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Thats what them frames did best street. Basically destroy everthing they came in to contact with. knocking the coping was scary but big spark bash guard grinds were fookin great. bricks exploding under your bash guard was fun also. bully frames cracking all over the place ! not so good.

Fil

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  haro bashguard models

gfxgfx
gfx gfx