gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975647 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 02:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Name the rider
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Name the rider  (Read 3584 times)

andy irwin

Re: Name the rider
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Yeah I thought that the freestyle bits that were shown were quite poor considering how much riding was done in the first series, I seem to remember the second series showing more, but I havn`t watched that dvd yet  ;)

They liked showing me hanging up a lot  :o
Yeah dont i know it they made me look really bad, i used to do shows and people would say why didnt you ride like that in the kellogs , i did they just showed me fluffing tricks all the time dont know why. anyway I got to beat a few big names at meadowbank and I won the olympia show then i packed it in as i had nobody to ride with in southport . it get a bit dull doing tricks on your own all day.

Andy

andy irwin

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2005, 03:14 PM »
hey andy
after watching it all yesterday (first time in almost 20 years!) i think the bits they showed of you were a little unfair
they seem to show you wiping out all the time!!!

that surfer to bar end in the stomach makes me cringe . . .
Is that some kind of a joke? but just incase its not I rode with the best rider of our generation in my opinion . Terry Jenkins.

Lazarou

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Got to agree with you there Andy, Terry RULED!

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Terry Jenkins

theRuler

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2005, 03:42 AM »
Is that some kind of a joke? but just incase its not I rode with the best rider of our generation in my opinion . Terry Jenkins.

no pun intended
with what was obviously a tiny fraction of the riding actually done used in the series they just seem to pick unfair clips of you.
like in the opening bit where the riders are introduced and they should fiola doing a gut lever etc but you bailing on that surfer.

obviously you had the dopeness, what with being one of the countries best at the time. terrence was dope too. but he was only one half of the torker trick team, you being the other

andy irwin

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Yeah i can see what you mean but because we rode together everyday for three years I have inside information on this and terry was super smooth and for a kid he was super strong , He would learn a move and get it so dialed and smooth it looked easy . I rode with fiola and against all the top boys bitd and i think Terry jenkins was the best of them all in 85 -86. The skyway team and Mike Pardon were awsome Andy Preston was a bmx god and Pepi Winder blew my mind at calisle in bmx beat. then along comes Carlo and changes the script just as I was getting  into it. But thanks anyway .

andy

sput

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2005, 10:22 PM »
he(b.stupple) sure had balls of steel back then and still to this day u can see him doing his bit down rom .keep it up !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Name the rider

gfxgfx
gfx gfx