gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 07:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  nikki webb
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: nikki webb  (Read 3531 times)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: nikki webb
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 10:03 PM »
"At the time Nikki was racing I was not quick enough to be anywhere near banging handlebars with her, maybe if she got a bad gate I might have been close but generally she was much quicker. I do remember that she was a very dirty rider though, she wouldn't think twice about blatantly cutting someone off. I suppose you could liken her to a 90's version of Lucy Hale or Ellie Goodman but much worse. I never had a problem with Nikki personally, probably because I was never a victim of her elbows and handlebars!!!

Nikki used to be up there with the likes of Adele Croxon, Lea Pendleton, Vicky Overson, I can't think of anymore at the moment but there were often crashes to avoid if I was ever lucky enough to make the final. I seem to recall Nikki was pretty good at jumping though."

OK, Nikki, who did I get this quote from??   >:D  :D  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 10:07 PM »
PMSL, the dirt is gettin dished now :2funny:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Webdawg

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 10:17 PM »
abi hill 8)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2007, 06:15 PM »
abi hill 8)

How the heck did you know that??  I'm working on some more though so watch this space!!  Humps

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 07:38 PM »
OK Nik who said this??
"No Dirt on Nikki, her and her dad Mac were very nice people on the race scene.  Nikki was good  she won both the famous Tours race in France and also I think the USA ABA Grand Nationals as well.  Many  UK titles as well as you know, tell her I said hi.  Great  old skool pics,  glad everyone is coming back to race ..   I,ll make one of them one day. "

Humps

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2007, 06:07 PM »
Anyone else on here want to guess who this is being rather too nice about Webdawg.  And is the USA ABA Grand Nationals bit true and if so when was it.  Sounds like some trivia for our man "xtremepervert" - where's Dave when you need him??   ;) Humps

Webdawg

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Has to be either martin baxter (who videod tours) or billy wright who photographed the grands.

Defo one of them humpsxxxx

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2007, 09:14 PM »
Shit, I was with Martin yesterday, I could have got loads of dirt off him >:D

Oh well roll on next week :angel:

xtremepervert

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 09:47 PM »
I always remember following Nikki & her dad into the High Wickam track once. You had to go under one of those low car park barriers on the way in. Nikki's bike was on the roof rack, and you can probably guess the rest!!! Yep came flying off in front of us as it clipped the barrier. Can you remember that Nik?????

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 10:00 PM »
Has to be either martin baxter (who videod tours) or billy wright who photographed the grands.

Defo one of them humpsxxxx

Nah, neither of them though I might contact them for more information.  Keep guessing Nik.  Humps

PS:  Wrong Martin Ratty.  That was a certain Martin Parker you were with at 'nham whereas Martin Baxter is at Cheddar with son Owen (riding James's Intense cruiser as well as his Formula 20")
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 10:06 PM by Humps00 »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 10:06 PM »
ah, yes, note to self, must read post properly first :idiot2:

Webdawg

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 07:21 AM »
1993 was the year :humps.  Actual result we're. 20" 2nd in race of champions (slippeda pedal whilst leading, where were clips then???) And 4th in grands, can remember crowser results, will look at the trophies, some 5ft tall thing :-)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 01:41 PM »
Wow, real celeb in our midst!!  Nikki now knows who the quote earlier was from but come on guys let's have your thoughts on who it might be before I reveal all.  Bonus points in the Summer Series for anyone who gets it right (well I can fiddle the points if it helps someone and I'm not averse to bribery and corruption)  Humps  :angel: >:D

Webdawg

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2007, 09:12 PM »
Humps,

speak to MJB, he shot the orig vid of my final in tours, french disputed against me, some tardy snail sucker kicking dirt and spittin on me for some "illegal" move ::)

judge for yr selves once it's posted boys :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2007, 09:26 PM »
we already know ya did it, dont need vid evidence of your tactics >:D

Webdawg

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2007, 09:30 PM »
honestly hun, it's a classic, ask mjb, he saw me line her up like i did flaz. ;D

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2007, 09:51 PM »
OK Nikki I've just e-mailed Martin and we'll see what comes next.  By the way guys the quote from the person being rather too nice to Nikki on page 2 is from Dale Holmes.  Humps

kamodo

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 02:34 PM »
Thanks for posting the pic of the Harbour clan Ratty.I can remember following there old camper van up the motorway at no more than 50mph (that was with a tail wind !)to many a race. I was a disorganised mess,Barb would cook for me(and sober me up),Ray would sort my bike out (that never left the back of my car between races)........pure BMX family  :Great_Britain:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  nikki webb

gfxgfx
gfx gfx