gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 11:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Sightseeing old school style....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sightseeing old school style....  (Read 1472 times)

boogaloo-tramp

Sightseeing old school style....
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:22 AM »
Me and the missus took our old schoolers out for a spin around the little conurbation known as London Village. Started off from Bethnal Green tube, after being given a bollocking by tube staff for taking cool bikes on the tube, then went past St Paul's, across the wobbly footbridge over the Thames, then down the Thames Path all the way to Greenwich. Took a few snaps of my Street Beat and her Aero Reflex opposite some big bridgey thing with some towery bits on it. Photos from a camera phone so aren't great......

ronnie360

Re: Sightseeing old school style....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 11:24 AM »
cool pics  :4_17_5:

Flaz

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 01:21 PM »
a few of us did the sight seeing bit around london at the end of last summer  will probally do it again this year i hope ?

here is us a trafalgar square  ;)

oh what a great day that was  radbmx is so cool  ;)

boogaloo-tramp

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 03:46 PM »
Wow that is so cool! I can imagine there being carnage on the roads with a gang of Hells Angels like that riding together through London.

Great to see so many old school bikes being ridden about!  :)

zed4130

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 03:57 PM »
it was a great day  :daumenhoch: we all had a laugh ,just cant wait for mk so we all can meet up again  :daumenhoch: looks like you had a good day ,you would never get my missis out on a bike ,although its nice as i can get out by myself  ::)   :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 04:17 PM »
You cant beat a cruise on the OS bikes, even two have a laugh, but when a 100 of us hit the roads, then you gotta watch out :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

highrisedrifter

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 04:39 PM »
They're all cracking pictures.

I'm looking forward to doing something like this. I still think we should have a cruise down Brighton seafront.

HRD

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Great pic's there. Cruising old school stylee!! They don't make seats like they used to ;D

Bet the locals (tourists) though they were seeing things that day in trafalgar square!

Flaz

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Great pic's there. Cruising old school stylee!! They don't make seats like they used to ;D

Bet the locals (tourists) though they were seeing things that day in trafalgar square!

there was a security gaurd who had 1 bike to many to cope with   :LolLolLolLol:  he was getting a little hot under the collar  (muppet jobs worth)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 07:48 PM »
yeah he was complete muppet!!   Oi you can't ride those on here!!! Twonk! 

It was funny riding down Oxford ST and brining it to a stand still  :2funny: 

We WILL be doing the same again this year!  although we'll have a better map and maybe Flaz (as i know you ised to be a cycle curier)  ;)  you might lend a hand with that?? 

a fooking cracking day!!!  and i didn't know anyone before then.......the kids who came along were superb too, i didn't hear one of them complain.......although there were plenty of us all complaining about those plastic seats!!   :shocked:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 08:07 PM »
My sproggs and mates managed to rack up 3 punctures that day, I still didnt moan "much". Cant wait till this year :4_17_5:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Yeah i remember those! i'll remember to bring more spare tubes again this year!  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 08:34 PM »
Nice to see that ET made it to that one.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 08:38 PM »
and all the way round too!!  that was sooo funny when he turned up at Waterloo station like that........great bloke and hats off to him for that....is it Nashiki??  (sorry for the spelling)  :-\

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 11:32 PM »
Thanks for the tubes pickle, you an the burner boyz saved the day.. It was Sam, nishiki14 with ET. Tbh the memories of that day wont be beaten in a hurry :4_17_5:

Coastvl

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 12:25 AM »
Thats a bunch of cool pics. I guess you might take it for granted being in London. I wish I could cruise London with a bunch of mates.
Seriously cool stuff guys.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 12:37 AM »

heres parky

and yes riding london is cool

Flaz

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 01:41 AM »

Flaz

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 01:56 AM »

highrisedrifter

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 02:01 AM »
That looks like it was a excellent day. I look forward to the next one.

HRD

Flaz

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 02:07 AM »
it was a cracking day   next time tho, meet up a bit earlier and have a planned route  rather than just winging it

oxford st was the maddest and down haymarket  when  matey came off his burner  ;D that was pretty mad stuff   :uglystupid2:

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 07:00 AM »
Awesome!!!  Dude with the ET setup is ruling!  Next time I come to the UK I'm bringing a bike for sure.

Steve_W

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 08:55 AM »
That looks super fly...gotta get on the next one...erm, anyone fancy Birmingham?  Some decent places to get Rad just using your surroundings...Sunday would be best though!

Nice one!

boogaloo-tramp

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 01:18 PM »

You can say that again! My arse didn't hurt to much afterwards, but it's pretty tough I think after years of riding bikes! The missus was moaning about her battered and bruised behind for days though. She could do with a fatter arse.  ;D

What surprised me most was how easy it was to ride the Skyway, handles beautifully, ideal for nipping in and out of traffic, and bunny hopping up and down kerbs. Twenty years since I've rode a bmx any distance, didn't take too much getting used to again.
Really enjoyed riding it.

Thinking I might start riding it a bit more often, with that in mind, I think I will take the Haro tyres off it to preserve them and put modern ones on it. Can you get decent modern tyres in green? Going to get red Tuff's for it too eventually.

Flaz

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 02:02 PM »
under the clock  waterloo station 

Convoy   :daumenhoch:

wise monkeys ?

notice in this last photo how romebloke and rich waxin have kinda been blended together to create the man with no face (not photoshop assisted)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Sightseeing old school style....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx