gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 11:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Vic Murphy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vic Murphy  (Read 5378 times)

Flying_fox

Vic Murphy
« on: April 29, 2007, 07:43 PM »
I've been looking at a lot of mid school stuff recently, mostly S&M and Standard, but Dirt Bros seem to be left out here on Rad. ???

I'm feeling the Vic Murphy thing, no pegs, fast plants, tables to die for and super mower variations. 

I missed a fair bit of 'mid school', is this a good place to start a build, or am I barking up the wrong tree? This seems to sum up what I'm saying. http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=igo-V7tuXNY&l=67&t=OEgsToPDskJ4kya0s-96wIUcilxvuBi7&sk=9X3tgYLXGlmuhDBswyc_ogC&fs=1&title=Vic Murphy BMX

Opinions please.

SaMAlex

Re: Vic Murphy
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 08:15 PM »
Very much the right tree!!!

Vic rules! He was a total God in BMX for ages. Way out their on his own (till loads of people followed him) and had his whole own style and trick list. That footage is quite new. Look for the stuff on Ride on (I think) when he was riding one of the early dirt bros frames (a white TA with Dirt Bros stickers on it). There was one pic of him doing a one foot table off a curb that sent ripples round the world!

Never mind was, Vic IS god!

Lazarou

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 08:16 PM »
The Dirt Bros. have been mentioned quite a lot over the years! I'm a big fan of Vic and Pete Augustin and the DB TA is a classic! Look at Zippy's.....

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=33896.0

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 08:21 PM »
Dont get me started, as me and Zippy almost came to blows over this. He wanted to restore back to 'just another' ta. He had no idea what it was. I (with some help from others) managed to convince him it was a bit of mid history and now its in safe hands. It could maybe use an odd tuff wheel on there, but its a total classic.

Lazarou

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 08:23 PM »
It's got Meet the Street 91 written all over it! Beautiful! i'd dial it and ride it to death!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 09:30 PM »
As soon as I got that Dirt Bros I got it, i really did. It's going to be in Dan's hands very soon and I know he'll keep it as it is. Looking forward to seeing it again at MK this year. Everything on it was original as well. It really was a nice bike.

Flying_fox

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 09:57 PM »
I'm sold on the idea now, my eyes are peeled for a f&f. I want a rider that I can actually ride properly, not a show bike for people to w@nk over, so if theres anything out there please let me know. :)

Help me catch up on those lost years. :angel:

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 10:02 PM »
im a big fan of vics  :daumenhoch: i loved this paint job  :smitten:

Lazarou

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 10:04 PM »
I forgot about Brad Blanchard! Another super rad Dirt Brother!

zed4130

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 10:06 PM »
ill dig some stuff out tomorrow ,got loads of pics somewere  :shocked:  :daumenhoch:

christhejob

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 10:45 PM »
i got a high-qual scan of that one foot table off the curb done recently.  i'm hoping to get some A3/A2 size posters done of it.. would look very henry-cartier bresson (i think that's the french scene photographer), and because of the quality that ride US was at the time, a bit newsprintesque... if anyone's interested in a print let me know.. the more i get done the cheaper it is!

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 10:49 PM »
Post it up Chris!
Ive been looking for it to post up but I cant find it.

Lazarou

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 11:03 PM »
I'm into that Chris! I'm a Cartier-Bresson fan! He did some amazing work in his life. Will it be B&W?

My favourite HCB shot..

christhejob

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 07:33 AM »
the disc with it on is at steff's house... and it's mechapixel... and b&w, yes!

Lazarou

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Cool! That will look ace in a nice A2 frame on my living room wall!

christhejob

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 05:35 PM »
they will get done, but don't hold your breath for it to be like next week or anything.. :P

zed4130

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 06:56 PM »
ive got loads more ,but photobucket is working crap tonight   :'(

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 09:43 PM »
dont panic i only lobbed the front wheel in for a laugh.
its back to normal now  ;)

its a lervely ride too  ..

christhejob

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 09:56 PM »
danny will you get that damn gyro cable UNDER the crossbar....  honestly i have been biting my tongue seeing all this horrendous gyro cable routing on this website.. i'll let it go on oldschool bikes, but get it sorted on a midschool!!!!!  ;)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 09:57 PM »
was not me mate its how it come .i put the other one on correctly   lol

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 09:59 PM »
i will go do it now just so you can sleep better tonight   ;)  dan

christhejob

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 10:21 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ovaltine.. thanks!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 10:23 PM »
To complete the Dirt Brothers look, the gyro should come off althogether, and the front brake.

Not to worry tho, it still looks great

christhejob

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 11:01 PM »
i was sat on my dhoonga the other day watching road fools 14 on the extreme channel.. all these hot-rocking riders and by far the most original and entertaining in amongst the bionic men was definitely vic murphy...... 

SaMAlex

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 11:06 PM »
Does anyone know what happened between Vic and God? On 'Ride on', he was all full on God and got married in 94, then I think it didnt work out, but Im not sure.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Vic Murphy

gfxgfx
gfx gfx