gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Rom
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rom  (Read 1088 times)

Voodoocars

Rom
« on: April 28, 2007, 06:30 AM »
These Rom pictures that I keep seeing on this forum are great! I only went there once (in about 1984 ish I think).My mates dad drove 4 of us from Coventry all pilled in the back of an estate car.There weren't any wooden ramps there back then and even though we rode 8 foot 1/4 pipes I remember riding the bowl and it felt like I was riding up a wall! My mate hooked up on the bowl and landed on his head at the bottom with his TA on top of him.Ouch! I'm absolutly itching to go again-do you lot meet there on a regular basis? I need to finish my old school bike first as I'd like to ride that (I've got a fairly new mongoose pro but it feels so heavy).My old school bike is an Aero Reflex with tuffs etc.Its ok for a start but I really want to get hold of a 1st gen Haro like I had back then-without all those silly pegs and platforms.Anyone got a frame and fork set? Also,what is Epic in Birmingham like and when is the best time to go? Cheers Ian.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Rom
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 06:48 AM »

ian sunday mornings are cool at epic, the old people meet every sunday morning at rom, very welcoming but they do smell of lash and boiled cabbage

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 12:34 PM »
but its in brum pete....

you know rom is the best skatepark in the uk....

probably

Dave
haro, how do you do

Voodoocars

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 07:31 AM »
Possibly,but aren't there any other concrete parks with proper bowls (not these 'low' nearly 1/4 pipes).I seem to remember one in Kettering many years ago.Coventry had an indoor park a few years ago not far from Ride bmx shop but it closed due to insurance problems I think.Ian

ronnie360

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 10:04 AM »
rom  :smitten:  :smitten:  :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 11:49 AM »
Ian, where about's you based fella? Rom does look the biz, I think I'd be sh*ttin it though on that concrete stuff :-\

Question for ROM riders: Does anyone still ride old skool there? The pics from BITD look great with guys gettin some serious air, maxin it on skyways and old framesets.

Paul :)   
Vans Style

ronnie360

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 11:59 AM »
aerostylie i will be riding old skool there,as soon as me back heals after op  :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 12:09 PM »
Hi Ronnie, hope all goes well with your back bud  :daumenhoch: Was it BMX related?

Vans Style

ronnie360

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 12:12 PM »
aerostylie no i done it at work 2 years ago and just had the op 8 days ago

all seems to be going well so far

ronnie

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 12:28 PM »
 :shocked: That seems a well long time to wait to get fixed up ???. Backs are a real nightmare, I've only had a small issue but it hurt like nothing else :(

Good luck with your recovery anyway Ronnie :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:, hope it all works out for ya, Radbmx is a really good tonic ;). Just promise you ain't gonna be doin flairs and 900s afterwards!!

Paul

Vans Style

ronnie360

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 12:44 PM »
paul i dont think i am up for flairs and the like lol

it has been a real nightmare caused me loads of props work,money,me kids,the girl i was with she had it bad as i could

not get about without real pain so now i have to do alot of rebuilding going to be along road.

and yes this is a great site full of great people,there are two people on here who's advice on my situation has been

more than i could ask for,i wont mention there names but i thank them it does help  :4_17_5:

ronnie

rarman1

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 04:44 PM »
if ya wanna know about epic come and meet the rest of us there, it will be my first meet with the guys on here and my first visit to anywhere bmx in 20 years :shocked:

bringing pads too as im crap :LolLolLolLol:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=33514.0

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Rom

gfxgfx
gfx gfx