gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 10:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  I found my best friend on ebay.......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I found my best friend on ebay.......  (Read 1519 times)

Ramp Rat

I found my best friend on ebay.......
« on: October 31, 2005, 11:45 PM »
Props for this great site....Damon Nicholls 'ere AKA Ramp Rat / Bog Rat. I was chatting with Frazer Camps over the weekend and he told me that Billy was back on his BMX getting goofy foot at ROM all over again. So like any good soul does, jumped on Google and searched Billy Stupple and ROM skatepark.

Mid-life crisis, 36 and loving ebay. ebay found my long lost friend. BMX. It feels good to re-unite with a mate I spend every waking hour with. I just bought a pollished PK Ripper with flight cranks, lovely bike. I live in Santa Monica, CA, they've just built a beautiful skate park with some wicked bowls.

Love the pictures and videocam of ROM. I have dreams of that skatepark, I loved spending the day there. I remember a kid called Pikey, he used to rip in the mogules. I think he was one of your mates Billy. You lot would have a contest as to who could outdo the other by doing the knarliest dropins into different bowls. I remember seeing Dave Curry on the edge of the concrete halfpipe trying to drop in, he was holding on to the green lamp post shitting bricks. Who wouldn't! Marco Lara was always talking about jumping the 10 ft fence at the end of the freestyle area and landing in the driving school area. Did he ever do it? Shout out to the Ashstead Rock Steady Crew. Jason Lunn's still ripping, check out www.chilledheat.com.

Cheers,

Damon

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: I found my best friend on ebay.......
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:49 PM »
cool and welcome mate i reconise some the names
and i tried the fence on me grifter lol
oh and newbie gets the beers in
mines a bud
and get a pict of ure ride up

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 11:58 PM »
Welcome in Damon, I remember pikey Paul well, and all the others you mentioned ;) the fence jump was done bitd, but not by me, and it was done again at this years Rom jam (check out Ride mag)

I`d like to get in touch with Craig Camps if possible, any chance of letting Frazer have my e-mail and passing it on if possible.

Thanks

Billy

billstup1965@tiscali.co.uk

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Ramp Rat

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 01:20 AM »

Hey Billy, sure no problem. He'd love to hear from you.

Damon

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 06:46 AM »
Damon.  Welcome aboard. Glad google found Billy Stupple!!!     I'll have a pint of fat tire. I'm also in CA, but up in san Jose.   The rumour is that There will be a British version of Joe Kidd on a stingray, called Billy on a burner..No release date as yet ;)
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Glad you found the site dude - welcome back to the fold!

Great pics of Jason Lunn...good to see he's lost that puppy fat!

Dave

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 03:46 PM »
welcome along fella...enjoy the site, and whats with dreaming of rom when you live in santa monica....are you nuts...still if you rode rom you must be ;)
and i second what stupps said about craig, be good to get him on here

Dave
haro, how do you do

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  I found my best friend on ebay.......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx