gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  MK needs Summer Series Old School support - 22ND APRIL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK needs Summer Series Old School support - 22ND APRIL  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: MK Old School racing warm up race - 22ND APRIL
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 11:47 PM »
Another question, to anyone who might be able to answer. What is the deal with headwear? I have got a proteck "skate" helmet which Im guessing is no good for a BMX race. Do I need to get a full face or is just an open face, over the ear helmet OK?
Having seen and also been in the middle of 1 of the recent old school crashes, i would suggest a full face helmet.

What Gary said Alex , if you can get ya mitts on one  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

Re: MK needs Summer Series Old School support - 22ND APRIL
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 11:58 PM »
Ive never really ridden in a ful face. I found that the full face bit was right in the way of where you wanted to see, esp when you were coming down (from an air or jump). Id rather not wear one, or have to get a new helmet and I was wondering what the Rules said I had to wear. If I can, I will just stick with my skate helmet.

Flaz

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 01:39 PM »
Ive never really ridden in a ful face. I found that the full face bit was right in the way of where you wanted to see, esp when you were coming down (from an air or jump). Id rather not wear one, or have to get a new helmet and I was wondering what the Rules said I had to wear. If I can, I will just stick with my skate helmet.

my take on it alex is that individual clubs have different rules as to headwear BUT at 2 meets now where full face helmets have been compulsary,  Ive seen at least 3 people with open faces,  I think most of these rules apply to the kids and adults tend to get away with what they want within reason, im sure you would be fine but it might pay to borrow a full face and keep it in the motor just in case  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 04:03 PM »
Looks like me and Baldbmxer are on for a roadtrip down next Sunday  :daumenhoch:
 :) DINGO :)

SaMAlex

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 04:08 PM »

my take on it alex is that individual clubs have different rules as to headwear BUT at 2 meets now where full face helmets have been compulsary,  Ive seen at least 3 people with open faces,  I think most of these rules apply to the kids and adults tend to get away with what they want within reason, im sure you would be fine but it might pay to borrow a full face and keep it in the motor just in case  :daumenhoch:

Thanks for that. That is just what I am trying to sort out now. An open face that covers the ears to hopefully use, and a fullface in the car incase I have to use it.

digitaltransfer

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 07:33 PM »
I will be there I am thinking about riding 24" 20" ns and OS ride got one of my rides completed and gave a blast today got some pics will post em up when I get me camera sorted MK is riding great at the mo went there today ! first straight was great jumping all the doubles manual to the tripples jump the bigger doubles manual the tripples and jumped the step up the thrid striaght was a little windy but manged to get through it all ok in respect for the freak accident of the other week !! but he is mending well hey miles !!

Looking forward to seeing you all there  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 03:43 PM »
Has anyone established that there will be an Old Skool class running that day or will riders be chucked in at the deep end with the 30+ Masters??  Humps

Moschops

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 06:13 PM »
Hi Guys there is an old school class on the software just need more than 4 of you to race.

As for helmets the rule is full face but as said above some people flout the rule and get away with it. It depends on who is refereeing the meet and how busy they are, Personaly I don't mind if you ware open face, it's no skin of my nose.....just yours!

Gates open at 8, registration closes at 11, £2.00 to park and £1.00 per strip of raffle tickets. Good food on site and Groove Racing will be there.

Look forward to seeing you all.
Lee.

hibster

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 06:32 PM »
To Clarify the helmet rule, the wording of it is, that the helmet must cover the head including the ears but need not cover the face.

So that strictly speaking means :
- no skate helmets, no roadie helmets, no xc mtb helmets.
- old skool open face helmets are okay.
- full face, of course, are okay.

Hibster
Chairman, MKBMXRacingClub

SaMAlex

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 07:48 PM »
As long as no one minds my U brake, I wanna ride in the "Old School" gate. (if not, is there a 35+ class? ha ha).

I have managed to borrow a full face helmet so I am even safe now! I gotta say that a new cycling (MTB I guess, not really sure) full face helmet is way nicer than the Motobike full faces I have tried in the past. Light, and you almost cant see it. Its made by sixsixone, and its really nice.

Now, were can i get some blue and red Dyno race pants?

Moschops

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2007, 10:09 PM »
Glad to see that you are gona make it alex you can turn up just b4 11 to register or you could con someone else into regersting you and you can turn up at 12.

Registration need the following details:

Your name
Your club
BCF Licence #
Class you wish to race in (expert old skool)
Plate #

And 8 silver/gold discs with the Queens head on.

SaMAlex

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2007, 10:33 PM »
Your name
Your club
BCF Licence #
Class you wish to race in (expert old skool)
Plate #

Club?
BCF Licence #?
Plate#?

Hmmmm. Im not sure I have thought this right through? Can I get away with making any of that up?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Cant talk for Mk, but old school usually get away with just a no plate and number, be prepared to but an x after your number if it clashes with someone else :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

SaMAlex

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2007, 10:43 PM »
Cool. I'll just bring some black masking tape and make some numbers for my plate when I get there.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 10:47 PM »
Im hoping to be there, so look out for the fat tango man an say hi :daumenhoch:

se

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2007, 08:13 AM »
Can't say for definite but I hope to make it.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Moschops ,

Can an OS cruiser rider race against the 20" OS guys ? .

Matt

Flying_fox

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 06:24 PM »
The class is just set up as old school on the computer, there's no reason why a cruiser rider should't be able to enter the old school class (providing the other riders don't mind).

Old school is sort of treated like a novice class, allowances for people not having clubs and racing licences are always made. No one goes to a BMX race these days and gets turned away providing they have the correct equipment: lid, gloves, long sleeves and trooosers (no racing in speedos guys).

I would highly recomend a full face lid, the track is hard as hell and does not forgive if you hit it at any speed at all. I know all about rolling round on the floor there, I bet I've crashed on MK more times than any other rider in the last 23 years I've been going there. :crazy2:

Moschops

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Cruser and twenty ride together no problem, if you are making club up then say MK :coolsmiley:
any number on a plate is fine but the old skool 4 digits are frowned upon >:(  and if you have been a finish line judge you'll know why.
BCF license # if Miles says you can blagg it then I'm sure you can to be honest I'm not sure on that one.

digitaltransfer

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Speaking to a few of the OS riders and because of the interest in OS riding I thought you could ride without a BCFL but as I was told BCFL had been in touch and advised (or did I dream it) apparently next year they will need to have a license but they can ride without for this year - Ratty or someone else I am sure will confirm

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 02:10 PM »
The way I interpreted the rules was that you could ride 1 season without a licence as a novice, then you had to obtain a licence. If you join a club Ie Milton keynes or Braintree or dagenham etc. You can get a bronze licence from the BCF free of charge. I just got my one through :daumenhoch:

hibster

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2007, 02:23 PM »
Any of you guys can do what Ratty has done and join MK club on sunday.  :daumenhoch: 
Sign up and the licence will be posted to you after the event.  See Moschops or I, or anyone with an MK Bmx Club T-shirt for membership forms.

Moschops will post on here later and confirm for us what the price to join mk and get a licence will be .....

Cheers,
-Hibster

Offline SE MARK

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Ill be coming and racing old school if im allowed.  No licence and no club so fingers crossed as its a bloody long way to go if you cant race.

Moschops

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2007, 11:37 PM »
To race in any class other than Novice you need to be a member of a recognised BMX club and have a British Cycling Federation Membership.
Bronze membership entitles you to a Provisonal licence, this will let you race in regionals ONLY. No Nationals.
MK Club Membership is £5.00 and we currently have application forms for free Bronze BCF licenses.

Licences are being scrutinized this year, I think some regular riders are going to get there feathers ruffeled this year, so if you wish to be above board, join MK on Sunday and we will help you go through the BCF form and post your licence out to you when we get it. Then you are covered all year and more importantly insured!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2007, 07:24 PM »
Just tell them at Registration you're from East Kent BMX Club and that your BC licence is "in the post".  ;) ;) We could use a few more riders names against the Club and you'd be riding under the auspices of the mighty SOUTH rathen than East Anglia.  Current points Challenge situation for the two Inter-Regionals is:

South = 763.5   East Anglia = 680

Be part of the winning team.  Second place is the first loser!!   :LolLolLolLol:

Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  MK needs Summer Series Old School support - 22ND APRIL

gfxgfx
gfx gfx