gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975767 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 10:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Did Skyway ever release a complete bike?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Did Skyway ever release a complete bike?  (Read 1024 times)

Steve_W

Did Skyway ever release a complete bike?
« on: April 17, 2007, 01:59 PM »
This mush on eBay was selling a TA as a complete bike (I'll try to find it, it was a while ago)...claims it was one from recently discovered stock of brand new boxed NOS TAs from the factory.  Now these were complete bikes in boxes, so I'm assuming it was complete with Skyway accessories.  I thought they only did a TA frame and forks?

Anyone know?  Cheers.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Did Skyway ever release a complete bike?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 02:03 PM »
They did but not until they had shifted production to East Asia, the TA as we know it was not produced as a complete bike though but they did do a later version that was.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 02:04 PM »
they did a few complete bikes , but not the TA

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:08 PM »
I thought they made some Street Beat or Street Stylers?? as completes?  could be wrong though  :-\

But like Mr Waxin said....the 80's icon TA was only a f+f option  :daumenhoch:

highrisedrifter

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 02:11 PM »
I bought mine as a complete bike but i'm fairly sure the shop put it together because I remember asking for certain colour parts on it.

HRD

Steve_W

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 02:30 PM »
Anyone know the parts list of the "complete bike"

I'm asking all this as over the coming years, I'd like to build a TA up from scratch, sourcing all NOS parts, with it being exactly if not close to what was on offer at the time...I know it's down to personal preference, but if your gonna do it right... ;)

highrisedrifter

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 02:38 PM »
I have to admit that it's a long term goal of mine to build the T/A I had BITD too... I can't honeslty remember what parts it had on it. It did have MX brakes and levers but not sure what model.

One day perhaps... or next month after my pay cheque come in...  :LolLolLolLol:

HRD

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Anyone know the parts list of the "complete bike"

I'm asking all this as over the coming years, I'd like to build a TA up from scratch, sourcing all NOS parts, with it being exactly if not close to what was on offer at the time...I know it's down to personal preference, but if your gonna do it right... ;)

Mark the TA they did as a complete bike was a totally dirrerent frame to this one....

and didn't even have oval tubing, it was made in Taiwan and had your basic components. If you want to make a TA it's up to you what parts you put on it or you could always do a replica bike of some rider or anothers as JJR has with this Patterson replica  :daumenhoch:

The TA came as a frame and fork only.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 08:02 PM »
wasn't it called a TA 280 or something like that & it came with Spokes  ???

Trev

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 10:03 PM »
I am pretty sure the TA never came as a complete bike.  Shops did use to build them up though and sell them as complete.
It was the same with the original Street Beat.
The Street Styler was the first complete bike Skyway produced.  They then started producing complete Street Beats (the Mark 2) which were famous for being two toned (Blue/Grey & White/Green).
Later on they produced a complete Street Scene which was a cheaper low end bike.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 10:39 PM »
Gmac got one ;)

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 03:37 AM »
In 1988, Skyway released 5 complete bikes.  2 were race bikes- the 300TA and the 280TA (both with araya 7x rims, and round tubing, not teardrop shape), and 3 freestyle bikes- The Street Styler, the Street Scene, and The Street Beat.
 I do have a 1988 Skyway catalog here, so I'll scan it and post the pics and specs of the bikes here in a bit!
-Ed

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Did Skyway ever release a complete bike?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx