gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  my gt bmx wat do u think of it????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: my gt bmx wat do u think of it????  (Read 3743 times)

dj_benice

Re: my gt bmx wat do u think of it????
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Ninener  :2funny:

I do know its not him DJ  :LolLolLolLol: unless he moved to london  :shocked:

;D

Guess that rule out gtbmx too then, he wasn't even on this planet ;D

highrisedrifter

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 08:21 PM »
hi can some of u kind people give me an idea of what 2 put on it so i could sell.i.e decent brakes and tyres etc

In all honesty, don't try to polish a turd. Not that there's anything wrong with your bike per se. However, it's not a top of the line bike, so putting exensive bits on it is pointless and a waste of money. Seriousy. You also have to consider that looks are importnt to your 'average' punter. A bike that looks like hell won't sell. you'd need to get it repainted / powder coated / whatever, which is going to cost you money. As it's not a recognised brand / manufacturer, that further limits the money you will get for it.

Someone was trying a scam on ebay recently and they were selling a generic f&f similar to yours and trying to pass it off as a GT Performer. It went for almost nothing I seem to recall.

My advice is to put some generic bits and pieces on it to complete it and keep it as a rider. You won't get much for it if you sell it. You may not even cover the cost of the parts you buy for it.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I fully understand that there are a lot of other people on here who are vastly more experienced than I when it comes to the building, buying and selling aspect of this hobby. They may be able to give you different and more pleasing advice.

HRD

snav69

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 08:22 PM »
ok then how much is my bmx worth then???as is with the wheels and brakes

You'll be lucky to see £40 for it i'm afraid  :-[
Brutal but honest  ;)

:coolsmiley:

Jazzchimp

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 08:26 PM »
How about putting an 84 Santa Ana frame on it...

...might help boost the price  :daumenhoch:

Seriously, use it as a rider and have fun!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 08:31 PM by Jazzchimp »

highrisedrifter

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Definitely use it as a rider. So what if you thrash it about. It doesn't matter if you bail, the bike is worth exactly cock all monetary value but worth loads as a means of learning without screwing up a nice bike.

theRuler

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 09:20 PM »
woodchipper it

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Like everyone else has said before......just stick cheap useable bits on it and have fun.......if they're cheap enough, get a set of repro GT decals and have a cheap copy.....but a copy is all it'll ever be.  as long as you're happy with it then jobs a good'n mate  :daumenhoch:

your user name BMX BOY 13.......is that your age? (i don't mean to be offensive when i ask) but if your anything over 10 stone or so i'd get shot of those Mags if you're going to ride it at all.  get yourself some spoked rims mate and it'll ride much better.

It's a hard lesson to make when you buy something that isn't what you think it is......but to be honest most of us have made the same mistake in our time.  if your after something (say on ebay) and it looks to good to be true......then you can bet that 99.9% of the time it is.

Have fun on it mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 02:53 PM »
hi can some of u kind people give me an idea of what 2 put on it so i could sell.i.e decent brakes and tyres etc

In all honesty, don't try to polish a turd. Not that there's anything wrong with your bike per se. However, it's not a top of the line bike, so putting exensive bits on it is pointless and a waste of money. Seriousy. You also have to consider that looks are importnt to your 'average' punter. A bike that looks like hell won't sell. you'd need to get it repainted / powder coated / whatever, which is going to cost you money. As it's not a recognised brand / manufacturer, that further limits the money you will get for it.

Someone was trying a scam on ebay recently and they were selling a generic f&f similar to yours and trying to pass it off as a GT Performer. It went for almost nothing I seem to recall.

My advice is to put some generic bits and pieces on it to complete it and keep it as a rider. You won't get much for it if you sell it. You may not even cover the cost of the parts you buy for it.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I fully understand that there are a lot of other people on here who are vastly more experienced than I when it comes to the building, buying and selling aspect of this hobby. They may be able to give you different and more pleasing advice.

HRD

Spot on.

Just slap some odd bits on it and get riding.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:55 PM by Stodgy »

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 03:33 PM »
Don't worry about what it's worth, you just build it up and go out and ride it  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 03:36 PM »
on another note why are we all hammering this kid?

He's probably the only under 30 year old that's on the site that's not either related to a member or one of the hanger ons that are only here to come to the skate parks we hire out.

he's 13 years old ffs, give him a chance.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 04:52 PM »
on another note why are we all hammering this kid?

He's probably the only under 30 year old that's on the site that's not either related to a member or one of the hanger ons that are only here to come to the skate parks we hire out.

he's 13 years old ffs, give him a chance.

second that

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 04:58 PM »

I don't think anyone is having a go at him!

Just giving some feedback as he asked "wat do u think of it????" - it's not worth chucking money after it in the belief that it is worth loads of money, that's all.

Jazzchimp

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Bobs right - if you want to give abuse aim it at Pete!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 10:49 PM »

:angel:

theRuler

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 11:01 AM »
woodchipper it with orb on it

gt0733

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2007, 01:32 AM »
looks like you've scared the poor bugger off  :-X

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  my gt bmx wat do u think of it????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx