gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 05:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  chain help please !!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: chain help please !!!!!!  (Read 491 times)

dodgydave

chain help please !!!!!!
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:21 AM »
hi guys please can some one help me here !!....this is doing my head in ...everytime i but my back wheel one  with bike upside down ...tighten every thing up ..with wheel strait...i pedal backwards ..& my chain goes tight - loose - tight -loose ..so on ....?.how can i stop it ....??..cheers ..dd

fuzzynod

Re: chain help please !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:34 AM »
If you are running 3 piece cranks have you got the small "tophat "spacer in the inside of the chainring or is the ring sloppy on the spindle ?

dodgydave

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:43 AM »
the top hat washer wont fit in side my 39t chain ring ( gone from 44t - 39t )...but it not sloppy ...??..its 12.40 an i got work at 5.30am....its doing my head in .... :'(...lol....oh f**k the bike i going bed .... >:D...lol...thanks for all your help & advise .....in advance ... :daumenhoch:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Might sound strange, but have you checked:

1) that your chainring isn't an oval one instead of a round one? Some where made oval.... can't remember the reason?

2) that your chain ring is centered on the spider, if its out a little on the spider is will be quite a bit out at the chain.

zed4130

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 09:39 AM »
i allways have this problem dave  :tickedoff: and ive never had one of these washers for the chainring ? just make sure your rings on right  :daumenhoch: and all should be huncky dory  :laugh:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 09:46 AM »
I have never had a biker where it is the same all the way round always seem to have a tight spot, think its normally due to the chainring and freewheel slightly out of round.

gt0733

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 09:52 AM »
the rear sprocket is not in line with the front chain wheel. run a straight edge on the same line as the chain and you will see what i mean.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  chain help please !!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx