gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 10:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  email to possible sponsers for the race series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: email to possible sponsers for the race series  (Read 1670 times)

DR VINOAH

email to possible sponsers for the race series
« on: April 12, 2007, 03:28 PM »
i may get strung up for this,but i took it upon myself to contact a few prestigious OS bmx companys ,
including SE,mongoose,DB,redline,skyway and JMC so far,
in the hope of some sponsership for our OS summer series,

hi

at radbmx.co.uk we have organised a summer race series consisting of 8 rounds,
culminating at our radbmx forum old school summer meet in august weekend of 4th and 5th.
we are currently awaiting the 29th of april for our 3rd round ,which will be held at hersden
in kent UK,we have so far 30 odd riders all registered and more joining up by the week,all of the riders are racing on vintage 80,s bikes,from such great names as JMC ,SE racing ,redline ,mongoose ,kuwahara ,skyway ,diamond back etc.in amongst our ranks we have ex mongoose ,haro,skyway factory rider Chris Young,to have Chris racing with us is a major acheivement in its self.
i am currently the defending winter no1,riding a 1982 Diamond Back"senior pro"but alas a broken wrist has put paid to me competing in rounds 1 & 2,im aiming to back racing for round 3.

here,s a link to our forum racing section http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=8.0,please fell free to browse or join up ,its free.

what we at radbmx.co.uk are looking for is some kind of sponser ship for our series,
we have so far Alans bmx sponsering our plates ,which will be awarded at our summer meet in august,
Alans has been long established here in the UK as the longest running bmx shop,
since 1981 in fact.
also one of our forum members has also sponsered round 3,s trophies,he paints a great deal of our restoration projects,he was also a very prominet leader of style at romford skatepark here in the UK in the early 80,s.
so as you can see we are very serious about our vintage bmx,s,here in the UK,our forum has over 2,300+ members ranging from new school to mid school to old school.also as most of our members are 30 somthings  now with our own children,injecting new flesh and blood towards the future of bmx.we are now giving back to the sport at the grass roots level,where after  all bmx started this way.
i myself have just completed my 1984 SE quadangle in original "factory flyer light blue" ,very tricked out and almost 80,s era factory rider quality.

thank you for your time steve aka vinoah

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:36 PM by VINOAH,S ARK »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: email to possible sponsers for the race series
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Yop quality mate!  let us know what feedback you get  :daumenhoch:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Good idea, Steve, if you don't ask, you don't find out, is my moto.

Is this the actual email you sent out, btw?

DR VINOAH

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 04:21 PM »
this is the original sent out

no changes

well only when i forgot to mention chris to skyway and moongoose
to late now  :LolLolLolLol:

fingers crossed all comes good

basic idea came about when i banged me noggin in me crash

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 04:27 PM »
If you send it to anyone else just pop a line or two in about us bringing our kids to the races as well and injecting fresh new blood into the sport. That should get them interested as well.

Good move though and you never know where it may lead.

You could also send it to Raleigh as well considering they're about to release the 25th anniversary Burner next month. It'll look good when I get mine out there racing.

DR VINOAH

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 04:39 PM »
good suggestion si

i have changed the text and raliegh have now been contacted :daumenhoch:

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 04:52 PM »
good suggestion si

i have changed the text and raliegh have now been contacted :daumenhoch:

Hi Steve maybe suggest Raleigh could offer one of the re-issue Aero Pro Burners theyre doing for the winner of the series and send some banners we can display .....????

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Steve, we discussed this last, you work very quickly young one armed Jedi. Well done.

Just a thought though Steve. What is it we are actually looking for? In terms on sponsorship I mean! I know they could put up prizes, but in the spirit of things perhaps we should be giving back to the tracks and clubs that have let us grow. Loan bikes and equipment for the clubs would be great, that will give kids who dont have a chance to compete!
 :4_17_5: :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Steve you da man.

You can be marketing and advertising director for RAD!  :daumenhoch:

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Steve, we discussed this last, you work very quickly young one armed Jedi. Well done.

Just a thought though Steve. What is it we are actually looking for? In terms on sponsorship I mean! I know they could put up prizes, but in the spirit of things perhaps we should be giving back to the tracks and clubs that have let us grow. Loan bikes and equipment for the clubs would be great, that will give kids who dont have a chance to compete!
 :4_17_5: :daumenhoch:

wise wise words from the master ratster us young uns have much to learn ......may the forks be with you

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 05:15 PM »
OK not one to piss on anyones bonfire BUT

steve mate the email reads as if RAD BMX are asking for sponsorship , and as such this going to cause grief as we are in fact looking for sponsorship of the site , and it is poss we have approched these guys ourselves

i understand the motives , but it seems unfair to use the RAD name for sponsorship without asking the guys that are attempting to do more than fund the race series if its a good idea.

So from my perspective and i am sure that the way your email reads , you have offered these companys some form of exposure at our event , not something the existing sponsors will be impressed with

as i said i understand the motives

but please can everyone stop using RADs name without at least seeing if its OK to do so

I am upset because it is me in talks with big sponsors , that may be able to provide rad with some unbelivable resoursae

I have already tried to make provision for the summer series with our existing sponsors to ensure that prizes are good and at MK you are able to give away some stuff to the winners, however by asking these companys for sponsorship now it ruins all our chances of some great sponsorship deals in the future

I am in no way having a go , but please talk to us as this kind of thing can be very problematic for us , and some respect is needed here as this goes some way to scupper some long laid out plans for the site

so please before anyone thinks its Ok to go to some big companys and ask for sponsorship for RAD please think that some people are already doing it and by your actions completly ruin some other hard work.

we welcome help on this site , but it needs to be co ordinated so that the bigger picture is seen.

Rich

Flaz

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 06:48 PM »
rich couldnt you have sent steve a private message to sought this out  ???

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 07:10 PM »

john this wasnt a dig at steve, more outlining a problem that seems to keep arising, and i think rich has put rads point across quite eleqeuntly.

thanks

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Steve knows I love him   :smitten:

I understand the motives and applaud steves dogged determination to get some sponsorship for the summer series

I offer my services to get somehing for the series along with some prizes already sorted for MK

I love the fact that the series is on and running and promoting old school all over the Uk

It is frustrating is all , and I have nothing but respect for the whole series thing and a bit of communication from anybody looking to help rad is all thats needed  :daumenhoch: 

lots of people can and do help this site and i think thats what makes this place a bit special

its all good

i just needed to say it

Rich

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Can I make the sugestion that it would possibly be in the interest of both entities to actually be in this together. It would appear to me that The Old School series and RADBMX could actually both really benefit from joining forces and working together for the benefit of both. Just an idea so don't all try and lynch me.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 07:39 PM »
I thought we were lol  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 07:40 PM »
Appears so doesn't it.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 07:56 PM »
everything has teething troubles and we work through them

Its all good

this is rad not argumentville

bmx-796

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 08:02 PM »
it would be a good idea if rad & the old school series became one and supported each other along the way, as myself, ratty, and nishi14 all run this, we will be prepared to work along side rad to make the series even better.

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 08:18 PM »
heres how i see it.

radbmx's name has been used to try and gain sponsorship for a race series that has been organised by some of rad's members.
the series final is already being piggybacked onto our summer event(without the organisers of the series feeling the need to ask the rad team if that would be ok)
that being said the final will be run at mk, pa time will be given, and no doubt prizes will be sorted, so in what way are we not supporting the summer series?
and in what way is the series supporting the site?

no probs lets work together!!

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 08:44 PM »
I am also sorry, I should have pointed out to Steve about the series being a seperate entity to RAD, I know Steve wrote the email with the best possible intentions and I support him 100%. We started the summer series after being encouraged by Rads MK bash, and finding one meet a year was not enough to satisfy our racing bug!!

Dave, we are truly sorry we never asked the team about having our final at MK. I have spoke to both Rich and Matt and apologized for doing it without asking, there was two reasons behind this, number 1, when we started the idea, it snowballed very quickly and a lot of work was involved in putting it together. Number 2, The organizers do a fantastic job at MK, but I was unsure who was actually calling the shots, it was a while before someone told me Rich and Mat do the job.

I offered to move our final to another location if it was a problem, but was assured it would be fine and that we would be more than welcome.

As for supporting Rad, well we promote this site where ever we go, we encourage new faces, both young and old to join up. With new membership Rad will continue to grow and will become the best site there is.

Without Rad, and its fantastic members I doubt very much whether the series would be running, and we will continue to support the site at every opportunity.

As you said Dave, lets work together, mistakes have been made and we will try to make sure they wont  happen again.

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Just read all of this thread (albeit very quickly) and was initially a bit peed off. But having re-read the thread properly can clearly see the frustration that Rich is talking about.

I think the problem Rich, is that all us lot in the OS summer race series love the site/scene so much that we are always trying to promote the site. Perhaps we step over the line without realising what is going on behind the scenes.

I really hope that this hasn't scuppered any processes that may have been in motion and I am sure you understand the good intentions from Mr V!

Peace, love and BMX :)

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 10:10 PM »
I think the problem Rich, is that all us lot in the OS summer race series love the site/scene so much that we are always trying to promote the site. Perhaps we step over the line without realising what is going on behind the scenes.

I really hope that this hasn't scuppered any processes that may have been in motion and I am sure you understand the good intentions from Mr V!

110% Right Jim you are spot on
I know that its the old school thats important as I think we all do and understand that its because of the love for the scene that we all push this old bike around so hard

As I said , its all good and I have tried hard to get prizes for the Finals of the series at MK and will do my best to help out in anyway i can  :daumenhoch:

some interesting things are hopefully around the corner and we can all enjoy the benefits of a well supported site and well supported well run events.

Roll on saturday , we can all have a chin wag and get us all riding round the track the same way   :daumenhoch:
Rich

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 10:15 PM »
Glad that's sorted.

Now then Rich, Dave, Bill and any other mods/owners you up for a race at Hersden on the 29th then?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 10:16 PM »
Yes, great idea Zips, It would be good to see the owners/mods getting their scoots dusty :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  email to possible sponsers for the race series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx