gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Decal Preperation?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Decal Preperation?  (Read 455 times)

revcore

Decal Preperation?
« on: April 11, 2007, 12:51 PM »
I've just finished polishing my 1980 nickel 'Goose frame & forks and I have a repro decal set ready but I'm unsure of the best method on how to prep the frame before applying the decals.
Any advice/tips?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Decal Preperation?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 04:50 PM »
Use a degreaser to wipe over the frame where the decals are going to go and then follow the instructions in the sticky at the top of this section or this link here.... http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=24584.0

Marty  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

gt0733

Re: Decal Preperation?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:27 AM »
clean the frame down with an evaporative cleaner such as paint thinners, get out an old copy of bmxa or bmx plus, study the appropriate sticker placements for your frame and slap them on. trust me, there is no such thing as a sticker put on a frame to the nearest mm. soapy water......baaaah  :2funny:
most important is doing it yourself and that wonderful sense of achievement when you've finished  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Decal Preperation?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx