gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Trickstar
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Trickstar  (Read 687 times)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Trickstar
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Got this in the post this morning, its going to need Powder Coating, the paint has got to many chips & rust spots.
It came with some good bits that Im going to sell off, it also came with the sales receipt dated 26/9/85, a custom build check list & a Hutch Owner's Manual.
Is this a US Hucth Trickstar ? I can't find a Serial Number & it has a 4130 CrMoly Made in USA Sticker on the seat tube that looks original.

& yes my Decking need a recoat  ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:35 AM by wish id kept my TA »

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
Re: Trickstar
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Is that the one that was on US ebay, I was watching it for a while. Did you get it for a good price in the end?

Your right its got some nice bits on it, but that f&f is a classic for sure. 8)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:57 PM by FAZE 3 »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:04 PM »
My fav version of the Trickstar - not too many bits hanging off it and with geometry that works for ramp riding too  :smitten: 

Will look the business when restored, a nice white powder coat from SuperbikeDan?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 02:30 PM »
Yes won it on USEbay, it was something like £260 + another £100 shipping so not  bad.

Superbike Dan is going to be busy soon, Iv got this Trickstar, a 84 Sport, a TA, two pairs of Bars & this seat post to get Powdered.

Iv used Dan before & tho he is 60 odd miles away from me, I would not use anyone else.

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Nice find Chris and a bargain at that price too  :daumenhoch:

Do I detect lavender grips ... if so, I'll be interested in those for my daughter's bike if they're any good  ;)

Steve

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Thats a great price, sounds like you've been spending a few pennies lately then mate, be a great collection when you've finished.

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 04:00 PM »
nice one !!!

it looks like a Jap version.........
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

macmark

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 04:11 PM »
Very nice indeed. I had one of those frames on order at Superbike Ilford bitd. I went to pick it up and while I was waiting to pay in the shop some twot tried to pick the frame up but because there was no headset in it the forks fell out and put a 6 inch scratch in the downtube. After that I said I didn't want a scratched frame so I ended up with no frame and lost my £50 deposit. :knuppel2: :2gunsfiring_v1:

I think that's a Jap frame, on the US ones the platform behind the seat stay extends much further than the support bars. I think!! It might be the other way around though. :crazy2:

Nice buy anyway, can't wait to see it resto'd!

Mark

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 04:25 PM »
It isn't a Jap Trickstar, it's a tiwanesse made frame. You can tell by the fact that the rear platform supports are at the very back of the platform. The US and Jap supports are in from the back of the platform.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 06:19 PM »
Got it back for the Sand Blasters today...

Got to get it over to Dan soon to get some nice Powder on it, was thinking of White as it was White & all my bikes seem to be White  ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Trickstar

gfxgfx
gfx gfx