gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  MK needs Summer Series Old School support - 22ND APRIL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK needs Summer Series Old School support - 22ND APRIL  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
MK 22nd April - EA vs South Regional return leg after the 1st leg yesterday .

Let's see a BIG OS race turn out to support the MK club (the club who make our August meet possible) who need the support  :daumenhoch: .

The MK club is one of the oldest in the UK but nearly ceased to be late last year , the membership is now real small and obviously could be improved upon . The last thing any of us would want is the loss of an ideal Summer RAD venue  :daumenhoch:

Also a sticky in Parks/Tracks & Gatherings about the warm up races , get to know the track a little better prior to the RAD MK07 August meet .
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:50 PM by Mattdub »

ZippyDixon

We'll be there Matt,new schooling it,got a lot of frustration to get rid of after hayes,good to see you yesterday mate along with Lee and Quadro,you dont realise just how much i wanted to take those bikes home in my van!!!!!!!!!  :daumenhoch:
  Stu

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
We'll be there Matt,new schooling it,got a lot of frustration to get rid of after hayes,good to see you yesterday mate along with Lee and Quadro,you dont realise just how much i wanted to take those bikes home in my van!!!!!!!!!  :daumenhoch:
  Stu

:LolLolLolLol:

That'll be those shiny shiny bikes then  ;)

Good to see ya too , until the 22nd  :daumenhoch:

bmx-796

see if i can make it

Flying_fox

I'll be there to keep Vinoah company on the side lines. :coolsmiley:

I'll buy anyone who can jump the tripple on an old school bike a case of beer. :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
I'll be there to keep Vinoah company on the side lines. :coolsmiley:

I'll buy anyone who can jump the tripple on an old school bike a case of beer. :daumenhoch:

Miles , I think you'd be better buying them a new bike !  :LolLolLolLol:

hooga1975

if it dosent clash with any of the other races in the summer series I will be there for the old school :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
I'll be there in the 30plus, not doing 2 classes like yesterday :idiot2:

Miles is that the same triple that claimed your shoulder??????
See you there.

796 if you need a lift will probably have space in the car again.

bmx-796

ok thx gary

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
If I find the key to my ball and chain, and If I sort some wheels out I will try and make it, I love the Mk track, bit long, but superb surface :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: MK Old School racing warm up race - 22ND APRIL
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Cool guys ,

See if we can get most of the Summer Series racers at MK  :daumenhoch:

Flying_fox

Miles is that the same triple that claimed your shoulder??????
See you there.

It was actually the little step up after the tripple that I did my shoulder on. landed the tripple nice and smooth, then got gusted by some nasty evil freak wind manualing the step up and sent over my bars into the berm. The tripple is quite easy, it's the speed you hit the next jump at when you've done it clean that catches you out.

But I did hurt my knee quite badly 5 or 6 years ago trying to jump the tripple on an 84 Robinson cruiser.........

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 02:28 PM »
BUMP  ;)

A bit of interest above , how many of the Summer Series riders are gonna come ? .

MK NEEDS SUPPORT  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Just tell em all that your Mrs is coming......they'll all want to come then  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 09:18 PM »
If Bulwell club cant fix the gate in time for the Midlands Regional the same day then I will come down with my OS race bike and cruiser  :daumenhoch:
 :) DINGO :)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 09:42 PM »
If Bulwell club cant fix the gate in time for the Midlands Regional the same day then I will come down with my OS race bike and cruiser  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Dingo  :daumenhoch: , you just need some South challengers  :daumenhoch:

Flying_fox

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 10:12 PM »

Fix it?? That gate needs condeming!!! ;)

See you at MK then Mark, I'll cheer for you. :)

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
If I find the key to my ball and chain, and If I sort some wheels out I will try and make it, I love the Mk track, bit long, but superb surface :daumenhoch:
you dont need a key as i've got some bolt cutters or a petrol grinder get through no problems. make a break for it.
might be able to squeeze you in the car aswell as 796.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 10:24 PM »
Thanks Gary, 796 can go on the roofrack :LolLolLolLol:

I will let you know as soon as i can, Im Pming you in a sec about motors :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

SaMAlex

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 10:35 PM »
I am going to try to make it to the MK race but I think I might only be able to make it for a few hours so I will just come with my wife and boys to watch. Any idea what time of day might be the best to come? (I guess the finals will be the highlight?).

If I did work things out so I can actually race, what would I need to do in advance, if anything? Could I just turn up on the day, and what time would need to get there?

Sorry for all the questions but time is short in my house so I gotta start planning now.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 12:09 AM »
Alex ,

One of the MK guys should be able to answer your questions , racing normally starts 12-1pm . Registration till 11-11.30 ? , you can just arrive and register I think .

SaMAlex

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 08:56 AM »
Alex ,

One of the MK guys should be able to answer your questions , racing normally starts 12-1pm . Registration till 11-11.30 ? , you can just arrive and register I think .

Cool. I'll see if I can work it so I can actually race. Its my 36th birthday on that day!!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Another question, to anyone who might be able to answer. What is the deal with headwear? I have got a proteck "skate" helmet which Im guessing is no good for a BMX race. Do I need to get a full face or is just an open face, over the ear helmet OK?

DR VINOAH

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 01:20 PM »
i will try n reach

no lift as yet :'(

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Another question, to anyone who might be able to answer. What is the deal with headwear? I have got a proteck "skate" helmet which Im guessing is no good for a BMX race. Do I need to get a full face or is just an open face, over the ear helmet OK?
Having seen and also been in the middle of 1 of the recent old school crashes, i would suggest a full face helmet.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  MK needs Summer Series Old School support - 22ND APRIL

gfxgfx
gfx gfx