gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Big up the SuperFly
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Big up the SuperFly  (Read 2470 times)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Big up the SuperFly
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Back on topic.....   For those of you familiar with both the charlton volcano and the Legacy spine,  Legacy is the natural step up from charlton volc.   If you've got yourself over the charlton volc, then my advice would be to go directly to Legacy and throw yourself over that spine before you think about it too much. There really aint much difference - a little more opposite carve at Legacy and you'll be fine.

where in the list do you reckon the rom volcano fits. that thing scares the life out of me!

Bigger volcanos are harder to ride as it happens, as you need to travel forwards a wee bit more than on a spine, which is harder on bigger stuff.  Lots of front wheel hangs to be had on big volcanos....

The trick at Romford is to ride slowish and carve a lot, that way you'll probably be able to monster truck through a hang up a few times until you have it dialled.  And as it almost always the case, you need to get your head in......

Alternatively, launch it to flat ground just to get it over with, then shrink it down as you get more comfortable   ;D

As for the list,  I'd say charlton volcano, legacy spine, charlton spine then Rom volcano.  If you learnt it all in that order then your technique would be pretty good, and you wouldn't be so freaked out at Romford.

Roms volcano isn't that much fun really, the spacing is a bit odd between that and the obstacles at the ends, and having two different ramps at the ends doesn't help with the flow at all. It's good that its not conventional, but a pain in the arse to learn and get smooth on.  I barely ever ride the thing.

superFLY69

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 12:54 PM »
well done meddle and trev

big steps were taken

keep it up

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 03:49 PM »
The spines are getting closer for us all.

:buck2:

Well done guys!  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 05:24 PM »
Was nice to finally get over that damn thing.  i had done it before, but i hadn't done it again since i first tried it on new years day. i had also done the one at corby once.

this time it felt more comfortable.  i could have done with another session at charlton before legacy, but we'll see...

Trev

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 05:27 PM »
it was good that meddle was also learning it the same night.  it was always gonna be that if one of us done it the other would have too.  helps big time.

big thanks to paul and scott for showing us the way and the encouragement given...  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Big up the SuperFly

gfxgfx
gfx gfx