gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  credit to ratty
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: credit to ratty  (Read 1938 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: credit to ratty
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Thanks Sam,
and thanks everyone who gives a toss about BMX, without you old farts (and Flaz) I would be getting ready to try on slippers ready for retirement.
The guys who turn up to these meets have got balls, its a frightening prospect walking up that start hill ready to throw yourselves down into the first straight at 25mph, and as you do get older there is a real prospect of doing yourselves damage as Vinoah and Spillers have found out (get mended soon guys).
If you read this thread and want to have a go, get in touch, we are the best mates you aint met yet!!

Now we are looking forward to round 2, Im sure there will be a lot of eyes on us now, The British Cycling federation have now made us an official class, the computer software has been updated to include us, with points and a ranking system. Where ever you in the country if enough OS turn up, you will get a class of your own. That in itself is a huge leap forward.

Good luck to everyone and stay safe :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Flaz

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Thanks Sam,
and thanks everyone who gives a toss about BMX, without you old farts (and Flaz) I would be getting ready to try on slippers ready for retirement.

thats not fair  tone,  im as much as an old fart as everyone else who turns up   :yahoo_silent:

Pro-tec

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Ratty, BCF recognition you say?! Sweet. Any news on the OS cruiser class? Now that'd be an eye opener.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 04:45 PM »
Ratty, BCF recognition you say?! Sweet. Any news on the OS cruiser class? Now that'd be an eye opener.
So as not to run b4 we can walk, I think we are going to save it for later on, I don't want to push our luck too much. The admin at the tracks is a mental job, I don't want to make it harder for them (yet) >:D
But it has to happen, this year :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

MOORO

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 04:51 PM »
If anyones reading this and thinking of having a go again... then just go for it, the feeling you get will be exactly the same as you had 20+ years ago, YES im sure mortgages, jobs, women and alcohol have come along but your the same person inside if you got a buzz then youll get it now . Get your bike , get on the gate again ,balance & stand up on your pedals and i guarantee you wont be thinking about the Traffic on the North Circular ,the washing machine being on the blink or the latest going on in Eastenders.

I got my old school bike out 2 years ago having not touched a push bike in 19 years, migrated to new skool since (there was no 'New Old skool' scene then!)

give it a go you  i reckon you will be thanking Ratty and co for making you realise your still alive  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2007, 04:54 PM »
well said Mooro, an welcome to the raddest site :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 05:08 PM by RATTY »

nishiki14

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2007, 04:56 PM »
Thats's quite some post for the first one!!! :daumenhoch: Welcome to the madhouse mate :D

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 05:02 PM »
sam i hope you dont get your many names put on the back of your race shirt
as you have a fair few   ;)

hooga1975

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2007, 06:02 PM »
The two Tony's and Sam have done themselves proud arranging the summer series.  Well done fellas :daumenhoch: The buzz on Sunday was fantastic as was the turnout, and I cant wait for the next round to do battle again on the track.  It is starting to get serious now as the standard is getting higher, but it is also so much fun!   It is going to be a great summer!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  credit to ratty

gfxgfx
gfx gfx