gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 09:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  slow site!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: slow site!  (Read 1004 times)

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
slow site!
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:58 PM »
Couldnt get on Rad last night and its just taken half hr to get on tonight! Why is it so slow?!

Trev

Re: slow site!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 11:05 PM »
i think the site needs more money. buy a raffle ticket and help rad out.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 01:44 AM »
The little mouse that runs power to the server fell out of his wheel.

It's a traffic problem as it's been fast as ever for me the last two nights but then i'm on when the rest of you are snuggled up in bed :)

highrisedrifter

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 05:28 AM »
Traffic is one factor, The other one to consider is a bandwidth throttling procedure by the ISP.

If anyone noticed, it was the end of the month. When the clock ticked over to the 1st April, the site seemed to speed up for me.

When you get to the end of the month, there are usually two methods an ISP can use to restrict the bandwidth usage of a site that has exceeded its quota. They can either take the site down until the next month, or they can throttle back the amount of bandwidth they give to the site. This is the favoured option for many as it means the site is still accessible, albeit slow as all hell. This would allow Bob to read the site relatively trouble-free if he looked at it when most other users weren't. Throttlibng back bandwidth won't affect one user in the slightest, as a general principle.

Of course there could be lots of other factors or another reason altogether. I'm just offering one reason.

Cheers

HRD

Offline TrickyDicky

• Team Owner
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Not a quota problem - we don't have one. Looks like a problem with the web server as I got onto the database (eventually) and it was doing fek all. I'm in contact with the ISP to see if we can pay for out of hours support - it would have been a 5 min fix......

Rooonga

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 10:43 PM »
I'm sure I read a post from Bill saying that he was using a free server, and that they will be upgrading to a proper paid up service soon, so this should speed things up nicely!

Also - if that is the case, what are they doing with the support money? (Just wondered if there were sponsored riders etc...)

Anyways - hopefully we'll all see a big improvement soon.

:D

YGT

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 07:06 PM »
I ave been having problems all week getting onto the site and this is the first time I have been properly been able to post.
Strange thing is I am on a 8mb fixed line, but located outside the UK (sweden) so it must be server side.

May I suggest that if these problem persist that you switch isp?
As its been a real strugle this week trying to contact people and this is not the first time rad has acted up.

Offline Romswife

• Team Owner
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 08:50 PM »
I'm sure I read a post from Bill saying that he was using a free server, and that they will be upgrading to a proper paid up service soon, so this should speed things up nicely!

Also - if that is the case, what are they doing with the support money? (Just wondered if there were sponsored riders etc...)

yes rad is on a free server, and all the support money is in a bank account ready for the day that we needed to pay for webspace, there was no point in spending it before we needed to

looks like we now need to, so thats whats going to happen

Trev

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 12:22 AM »
as per usual, using any sneaky self promoting opportunties available....  ::)   buy a raffle ticket to win a brand new Fly Frame and RAD gets 50 sobs towards their new fast access server....

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=32515.0

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 03:27 PM »
what are they doing with the support money?

we go on the slash with it every saturday.

excellent eh?

Dave
haro, how do you do

theRuler

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 04:32 PM »
dave spent the support money on demoxinyl

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 02:21 PM »
it's always the ones that don't pay that moan about it.... ::)

Offline TrickyDicky

• Team Owner
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 09:21 PM »

yes rad is on a free server, and all the support money is in a bank account ready for the day that we needed to pay for webspace, there was no point in spending it before we needed to

looks like we now need to, so thats whats going to happen

Indeed, I am speaking to the ISP about a dedicacted server. Have been putting it off as long as possible as the cash we have won't go that far, plus the shared web server we are on is fine for most of the time, but any problems with other sites on that server will drag us down too....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  slow site!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx