gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 07:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  13/16" Solid Aluminium Ripper Seatposts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 13/16" Solid Aluminium Ripper Seatposts  (Read 711 times)

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
13/16" Solid Aluminium Ripper Seatposts
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Morning folks,

I've been able to get hold of some solid aluminium extruded bar, 13/16" as noted above.
From speaking to some of you guys on here, this is ideal for the old ripper, right?

I need to know the following:
What length would the post be?
Are there any probs putting standard 22.2mm seat guts on these or is something else needed?

Some of this bar is already allocated to ripper owners, but I am happy to give whoever on here wants a bit for whatever it finally costs me to get it sorted, and I'm gonna put the rest on the bay.

LMK if you're interested.

Thanks,  :daumenhoch:

Brian.

PS. I can get this polished for a wee bit extra, or you can get it in mill finish and finish it yourselves in ur preferred colour.  :)

snav69

Re: 13/16" Solid Aluminium Ripper Seatposts
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 10:26 AM »
Typical >:(
I just bought one from Alans on weds  :tickedoff: . I aint used it yet but its 12" long if that helps

:daumenhoch:

EDIT - I just measured it and its 12 1/4 " long  :crazy2: I can take a picture of it if you want and also show you how long the knurling is  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:36 AM by snav69 »

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Ooops, sorry Paul!  ;)

my timing sucks...

(thanks for the length info tho matey)

Brian.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 04:28 PM »
snav them seat posts bend real easy and they part of a seat combo hence the knurling
and you need seat guts of a childs bike that has a small diametre seat post
as my normal ones moved when fully tightened

snav69

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 11:11 PM »
snav them seat posts bend real easy and they part of a seat combo hence the knurling
and you need seat guts of a childs bike that has a small diametre seat post
as my normal ones moved when fully tightened

Thanks for the heads up , it is very light and i did wonder about its strength . I doubt the ripper will be rode by myself as i'm a bit too heavy for it , at almost 19st i fear the frame will bend in half let alone the seatpost  :-[  :LolLolLolLol:
I will keep my eye open for a decent post when i get round to restoring the bike , i only bought one of those from Alans because he had them in stock  :crazy2:

Cheers  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  13/16" Solid Aluminium Ripper Seatposts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx