gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  QUADANGLE CRUISER???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: QUADANGLE CRUISER???  (Read 5706 times)

LXIX

Re: QUADANGLE CRUISER???
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2007, 11:16 AM »
all well and good why does he have to put bottema stickers on forks that clearly are not?????/ and se stickers on a odd angle im sure he can desighn his own decals???????????????????? or is it to individual for his artistic flare and craftmanship,bollocks to JC
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:21 AM by LXIX »

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2007, 11:22 AM »
I think the decals, althought the same design as SE Racing, actually say JC Racing - don't they? ???

Coastvl

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2007, 11:28 AM »
I think so. I haven't actually seen the frame close up. I told JC I'm staying out of this one. I've done my bit for the forks.  :10_2_12:

Coastvl

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2007, 11:30 AM »
all well and good why does he have to put bottema stickers on forks that clearly are not?????/ and se stickers on a odd angle im sure he can desighn his own decals???????????????????? or is it to individual for his artistic flare and craftmanship,bollocks to JC
He does have his own stickers. You can buy repro bottema stickers from bmxmuseum. I have sets in every color.

LXIX

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2007, 11:34 AM »
thats cool then if he has his own stickers,i know about the museum ,they are repoos but under licence i bought my ghp ones from gary there  :daumenhoch:

Coastvl

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2007, 11:43 AM »

:daumenhoch:

Coastvl

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2007, 11:44 AM »
I forgot to mention, all the forks are sold raw. It's up to the customer to finish them however they need them.

downlowmatt

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2007, 01:29 PM »
Check this. My mate was about to buy a JC quad f&f off the bay when he got this new school one as a complete bike for the same price!
http://cgi.ebay.com/24-Quad-old-school-new-school-cruiser-AWSEOME_W0QQitemZ270102445820QQcategoryZ64644QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

According to the seller... This is what SE should have made but never did. It is a HAND MADE frame (Made by Sal the welder, the same guy who made all the real SE frames back in the day) completely built with all of the best old school and new school parts. You will never see another 24" bike this nice again! There were only 4 or 5 of these frames built.It was built with top notch components such as Kashimax seat, GT post, Hershey clamp, FIT stem, King headset, Landing Gear forks, GT bars, AME grips, AC brakes, Shimano DX lever, Terrycable brake cable, Atom Lab rims, REAL old school Bullseye hubs, (not newer ones with a old school sticker, these are the real deal) Snakebelly up front and a Comp 3 out back, Red Line dual pinch Flight cranks (180mm), Red Line sprocket and DX pedals. Everything was NOS when installed except for the hubs which have new bearings and axles. This bike rides better then ANY other 24" cruiser I have ever ridden. I am 6'3" and it fits me well and handles very nicely on the track. The frame alone cost $1200.00 and I have well over $2000.00 in this bike.

I reckon my mate got a bargain and this is a great looking old school / new school cruiser... what are you guys saying?  :-\
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 01:31 PM by downlowmatt »

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2007, 02:06 PM »
i think you would be so gutted if you got some kos bars, paid top dollar, get em, get your magnet out and nothing, it doesn't stick. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

the quad is nice and a good idea, build something that doesn't exist, but if the bars and forks are special enough to want to copy then the originals must be worth protecting.
ding dong

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2007, 02:44 PM »
Check this. My mate was about to buy a JC quad f&f off the bay when he got this new school one as a complete bike for the same price!
http://cgi.ebay.com/24-Quad-old-school-new-school-cruiser-AWSEOME_W0QQitemZ270102445820QQcategoryZ64644QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

According to the seller... This is what SE should have made but never did. It is a HAND MADE frame (Made by Sal the welder, the same guy who made all the real SE frames back in the day) completely built with all of the best old school and new school parts. You will never see another 24" bike this nice again! There were only 4 or 5 of these frames built.It was built with top notch components such as Kashimax seat, GT post, Hershey clamp, FIT stem, King headset, Landing Gear forks, GT bars, AME grips, AC brakes, Shimano DX lever, Terrycable brake cable, Atom Lab rims, REAL old school Bullseye hubs, (not newer ones with a old school sticker, these are the real deal) Snakebelly up front and a Comp 3 out back, Red Line dual pinch Flight cranks (180mm), Red Line sprocket and DX pedals. Everything was NOS when installed except for the hubs which have new bearings and axles. This bike rides better then ANY other 24" cruiser I have ever ridden. I am 6'3" and it fits me well and handles very nicely on the track. The frame alone cost $1200.00 and I have well over $2000.00 in this bike.

I reckon my mate got a bargain and this is a great looking old school / new school cruiser... what are you guys saying?  :-\

Thats a VRP and very nice it is too  :smitten:

here is my Kappa Quad cruiser for those that missed it  :LolLolLolLol:

:) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  QUADANGLE CRUISER???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx