gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 11:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  HALFPIPE IS DONE loads of pics.....LOOK NOW.........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HALFPIPE IS DONE loads of pics.....LOOK NOW.........  (Read 20141 times)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

sweet ramps, i would like one too

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Hats off to both of you guys........If i had a garden that big i would never be able to talk the Mrs round to one of those  :-\

I'd have to have a about 3 acres and it be well out of site........Just out of interest though, what do the neighbours think of it? 

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
I`ve never asked  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Jazzchimp

Fook me just seen this.. it looks great!!

2 words though... planning and permission!!  :2funny:

spesh

tesco,s are selling quarter pipes and trick ramps in there direct catalogue my wife showed me today
gonna get one for the boy  :LolLolLolLol:
http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1998647.aspx

Obbie

Well to the left of us is a church at the back is a school and there is only 4 houses to the right , next door said they couldn't careless and the others wont be assed ether , no one complains about the other for anything here so is all ok i think .
Also about the planning permission , i never planned it (the plans are in my head) so don't need the permission , lol . Nah As Bill Has Said in his thread , its not a permanent structure also its screwed to gether so its not classed as a fixed structure . Even if anyone does ever say anything it would take a few months for that to happen and even longer before anyone orders it to come down and then we'll just lower it to a middy . Just havin it for the summer will be cool enough tho...

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
We used to put our Quarter pipe in the road outside our house. One day it chucked down with rain and everyone cleared off, not a problem I thought just move it later. A helpful neighbour rang the police who came round and made me move it. They wouldn't help so I had to drag it onto the grass outside my house. Probably why my back is so knackered now !

Obbie

Not done to much this month , waiting on 4x2 , but here it is so far ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

rarman1

having a halfpipe is so cool, well done fellas,

i dont even have a garden so thats a NO for me then :LolLolLolLol:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Class !!, wish i had somewhere to build one , love riding halfpipes.......

ronnie360

that looks like it will be great cant wait to see the finnished pics  :daumenhoch:

Obbie

Got the base done for the flat now and have the rest of the 4x2's to finish the trannys , build the platforms at the weekend and shin it up next week , dead line the 1st of june for me birthday Jam ..... Yeah .....

ronnie360

starting to look good now  :4_17_5:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
tesco,s are selling quarter pipes and trick ramps in there direct catalogue my wife showed me today
gonna get one for the boy  :LolLolLolLol:
http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1998647.aspx

They are always on the bay, normally only go for around £40 plus £10 postage. place that lists them seems to have an endless supply of them.
Well done on the Halfpipe guys, wish i had the room, dont think the wife would be too much of a problem, as my nearly 6 year old loves going over the local skate park. Taken him to ROM a couple of times too.
Oh how i'm loving re-living my youth.

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
Great pipe there fella's, as for riding one :P No chance!

There's only one pipe I'm on these days ;D You can get a lot higher, believe :crazy2:

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
  I worked out how to persuade the wife to let me build a pipe.

I'm going to suggest building a swimming pool in the garden.  I doubt she'll care about the walled transition  ;)

she might get a bit uptight about the lack of water though :LolLolLolLol:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I couldn't do that, even if we had the space. I'd have to deflect all kinds of awkward questions like, "So how come you can make that but you can't put some more paint on the bathroom door?"
I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
I couldn't do that, even if we had the space. I'd have to deflect all kinds of awkward questions like, "So how come you can make that but you can't put some more paint on the bathroom door?"
I'm sure I'm not the only one.

PMSL, ditto.. ;D

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
 My father in law is coming to stay with us for several months when the wife drops our kid. I've been told to "keep him busy" with some projects in the garden;)

how long does it take to build a half pipe?
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Obbie

My father in law is coming to stay with us for several months when the wife drops our kid. I've been told to "keep him busy" with some projects in the garden;)

how long does it take to build a half pipe?
If you have all the wood you need and the right tools and 3 people to build it you could build 1 in 2 - 3 days easy ......i've only done five 6 hour days on mine and that coz i had to wait on wood , if i had it all the ready it would be well up by now .
If any one wants one building we would be happy to do it ......

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Obbie,  have you built and ridden one with these dimensions before?  I'd be interested to know how it rides with 8ft trannies and 4" of vert.

Obbie

Obbie,  have you built and ridden one with these dimensions before?  I'd be interested to know how it rides with 8ft trannies and 4" of vert.
Sort of ,,, we used to ride about 7ft10" trannys with about 2" vert back in the day (bit tight tho), they didn't even feel like they was any vert on them .
I just wanted somthing that was a little bit mellower , higher and a tuch more vert (just to send you up).
Couldn't really go fo the 10 or the 12ft , would have took up to much of the garden.
Anyway , the ramp will really have 6" of vert betime i put the coping and deck on , the lads can't wait ..... :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:13 AM by Obbie »

Obbie

More done , tomorrow the other side is to be done .

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Fella,  that may be a little too much vert on an 8ft trannie......  do you remember the large 1/4 pipe at Radlands?  That was 8ft high, 8ft tranny, no vert  (obviously).  Rode a treat.

Remember as you surface it, it all tightens up a little more  ;)

Obbie

Never rode the one at radlands , i know it will be a bit tighter when skined but should still be nice , one i ride at rampworx has a 8ft tranny but i feel it needs some vert so i built this one , will be worth a try i think , a like to push in a bit and being a bit of vert should help to ride other vert ramps ...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  HALFPIPE IS DONE loads of pics.....LOOK NOW.........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx