gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 09:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  awesome site, awesome members
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: awesome site, awesome members  (Read 1381 times)

workshyfop

awesome site, awesome members
« on: February 28, 2007, 11:09 PM »
just wanted to compliment the people responsible for running/design/etc of the site. really is a site in a million. thank you very much.
also, many, many thanks to the people i've encountered on here so far, for your assistance and being so, so friendly, namely Daz, Dave Rombloke, Tefore, Lxix, Winnit93 and anyone else i've forgot to mention.
Best wishes to one and all, can't wait to attend a meet.Many thanks, Neil.

workshyfop

Re: awesome site, awesome members
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 11:41 PM »
thanking you very muchly, mister OS. i'm in south wales, a little town called Aberdare,roughly 20 miles from Swansea or 20 miles from Cardiff. not that i'm bothered, but its where "the stereophonics" come from.

Trev

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 01:21 AM »
how far from merthyr?

workshyfop

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 07:50 AM »
hello there young Trev. very close to Merthyr,approx 5 miles. Am thinking about MK Mr Haro-OS-Boy. Just trying to persuade the other half that she'd find it enjoyable!

Trev

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:24 AM »
hello there young Trev. very close to Merthyr,approx 5 miles. Am thinking about MK Mr Haro-OS-Boy. Just trying to persuade the other half that she'd find it enjoyable!

Cool.  I'm trying to get Gareth Swan back into riding. I think he wants to get back into it, but there's no one else around there to ride with.  I'm going to use this as ammunition.  >:D

zed4130

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 08:25 AM »
welcome in mate ' we are all mental   :crazy2: well iam  :idiot2:

workshyfop

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:09 AM »
probably will go on my tod if t'other 'alf don't fancy it. Gareth's welcome to hook up with me if he wants some company, its just that i have NO biking skills whatsover.Although we have had a concrete skatepark recently built in town, just unfortunately always full of youngsters and i'm way too self conscious to have a go as i have difficulty even bunny hopping, so i need to try and learn from scratch.heres the adress if you want too have a look.
http://www.aberdareskatepark.wanadoo.co.uk/index.htm
would be cool to have a radbmx.com meet down here if anyones interested................

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 11:14 AM »
hiya  :)

You must come to MK, it's a larf.  The guys are great on here, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone again this summer.

workshyfop

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 11:26 AM »
the guys AND the gals are all great on here. will definately be attending a meet as soon as possible. at least you lot will not be shouting at me in the street, "stop riding that kids bike!grow up!" like the narrow minded "people" around here.

Trev

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 01:11 PM »
the guys AND the gals are all great on here. will definately be attending a meet as soon as possible. at least you lot will not be shouting at me in the street, "stop riding that kids bike!grow up!" like the narrow minded "people" around here.

:-[ i used to get that when i was 15/16.... i don't think anyone's said that since i've been back riding though...

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 05:07 PM »

Nice words! Good to have some excellent feedback!

Stay rad and ride on.

Dave

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 05:17 PM »
Hi Neil, was all going well until you said you come from Wales!  :LolLolLolLol:

I have enough of my welsh fill from Loosenut (Rhys). No gay jokes please.

Be good to see you at MK, and don't worry about your lack of skills mate, just get a bike and someone to ride with. It will all come flooding back, well slowly for me anyway!  :daumenhoch:

workshyfop

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 05:51 PM »
usually sheep based jokes we get in our direction. you could say i have a bike or two ready - green haro master 1985, red/chrome aero reflex and an orange streetbeat. this is all in the last two weeks!! hopefully this will be all, unless one of you decide to sell something else i can't resist. so stop putting stuff in the for sale section, or better still ban it altogether from the site!!!!!!!! - only joking.
i really am  amazed at how great everyone has been, especially after frequenting a certain welsh mtb site, where the inhabitants were very unpleasant.
compliments where compliments are deserved, and you all really,really deserve them. and as for the site, really well designed and so easy to use. top marks all round!!

highrisedrifter

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 01:44 AM »
Got to agree with the OP. I've tried a few sites in the past and not really got anywhere. They had loads of information on them but the members acted like it was a "local site for local people" and were very high and mighty towards me as a newbie.

This site has made me feel very welcome and i've received some top advice from quite a few people. Hopefully, once the Gen 1 is built I will show you all some pics. I've conviced the mrs that she wants a BMX too so she can come out riding with me. Top result, that.  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm based in Brighton and would very much like to go to a meet somewhere near here once my bike is built. Here's hoping.

Cheers all

HRD

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 08:16 AM »
feel the love.

ooom ani padni.
I want to touch ORB

mark 2

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Hi Neil, My dad's family's from Aberdare, and my old housemate Fiona Martin and her sister Joanne, their mum and dad got a big house opposite the chinese takeaway, you know it! Problem with BMX'in in Aberdare or any of the valleys, you've got to go back up the hill......I'm from Cardiff but live in the land of northern monkeys now......I got Pobol Y Cwm on Sky though so I don't forget my roots  :daumenhoch:

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 10:55 PM »
you da man to. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  awesome site, awesome members

gfxgfx
gfx gfx