gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 05:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  george orwell
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: george orwell  (Read 7603 times)

the truth

george orwell
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:28 AM »
Its not 1984 any more, before we were young free and single, riding has progressed......
judging by the mentality on this website stop reliving your youth.
Neil Ruffel is dead RIP
and Andy Ruffell was shit anyway
Have you heard about those new stems you can get ?
Please stop making old shitty old bikes
Bmx is about jumping gaps and riding all day to learn flatland to get a tingle in your balls
you are reliving your youth and you have shit bikes and you are shit at it.
Dave says Geth shooters all right and Dylan Clayton is not bad. but Mike Canning is going to kick billys arse just like the old days !!!!!
Have you heard of Rick Moliterno and Kevin Jones ? they threw away there bus passes and got proper bikes not like yours and they were good in the first place not like you, without pink skyways (its his riding mate)
legs,richie scracthie,fat gaz, scoff and little scoff, Aju, Joff,Dips,Megs, Billy, chris hamer,mad jon, stuart dawkins, gary mcallion RIP, fids ?, robert bell, andy preston, mike pardon, winston jones, gerry galley, mike manning, nick phillips, jess dyrenforth, eric steel, carlo griggs, dean rush, zoid, mark eaton, jason parkes, scotty freeman, jason hassel, andrew reardon and mark RIP, peter hawkins, DJ, jon pratt, graham critch, cow, dave slade, jim t, damion nicolls, lee reynolds, steven laidlow, loin man, john who did the backflip, steff evans, phil bains, hild, jay scott hunter, dave young, pepi, carl westerfield, mark likely, graig campbell, andy brown, ross milne, paul rodgers, mark atkins, roger atkins, phil dolan, the fookin legends that are ROY AND DIANE WINFIELD !!! Ron stebain, MIKE THE BIKE, jason kay, david blundell, tony puddifer, chase gouin, dylan worsley, amos burke, adam peters, lemsip, irish steve, birdman, roberts, graeme bev, frazer, aron dull, brett hernandez, marc makee, dino deluca, joel alamo, gregg gulliotte, andy brown, scott carroll RIP, karl denton, Lee and Shaun clarke, Shaun scarfe, ollie matthews, Harry, dave Bev, Terry Jenkins, andy Irwin, Julian parkinson, Zach shaw, JP, Jamie Bestwick, Taj, ian morris, willsmyth, sandy carson, ian baines, scott mcnicol, fergus heron, biff, simon tabron, jay miron, steve roy, joe zone, andrew farris, mad dog, no austrailians, if you dont know everyone on this list the you are a fool and stop pissing around with your bike and get riding them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:31 AM by the truth »

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: george orwell
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:12 AM »
Hello and welcome to the site.  :LolLolLolLol:

I didn't really know half of the people you mentioned ( probably all of them actually) I can't stop now I'm polising the nipples for a rebuild of a raleigh I used to own.

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:44 AM »
i think you missed old uncle tom cobley and all.

priv

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 05:04 AM »
I was going to just delete this post because that's the kind of guy i am an all that but then i read it and thought 'the truth'  ::) at least deserves an answer.

Mate, you talk a lot of sentimental old bollox for someone that's complaining about a load of sentimental old farts that like an old BMX, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I think you're missing the point matey, it's all bmx innit? Or is we not cool enough for ya?  :P

Ride the dream!

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 07:40 AM »
I think like this sometimes...............after 10 acid no sleep for a week lots of funerals and holes developing in my shoes,

Start smoking again pal  :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

spillers#1

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 07:46 AM »
Ha Ha Ha the truth........the truth is mate your thick ;Dwho did graig campbell used to ride for?he isn't a relation of craig campbell is he?"the truth"...that would be a good name for a band,anyway i'm off to play with me 1984 bmx that i'm racing the weekend. :4_17_5:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 08:10 AM »
He'd get on well with radhab.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 08:38 AM »
I think like this sometimes...............after 10 acid no sleep for a week lots of funerals and holes developing in my shoes,

Start smoking again pal  :LolLolLolLol:

Been thinking....... I may have said too much in my reply when a little would have done

Your a Tit
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Flaz

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 08:52 AM »
He'd get on well with radhab.

why aint it ? ? ? ? ?

or  maybe a 69ner alta-ego 

funny really the 2 people i think this could be  really didnt get on  ?  but they are so alike  ???

I also have theory that 69ner is subwax  who also never got on with radhab  ???   

any way "the truth"   your a twat, let people do what they want when they want and if it is you mark, 69ner, LXIX, neil? not the way forward really is it? 

To prove to people your not a plum ? the best way is not to act like one  ;D   :crazy2:

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I know most of the people on your list, some of them quite well.

Im not really sure of your point ..... sorry.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 09:04 AM »
wow, Thats a bit harsh, who are you to tell us? Andy was shit??? Get real bikes? take a look around you gimp! there are over 2000 members on this site, with a common interest that is BMX,
Without us old farts BMX would have been like yo yos, and died in 1982, then the likes of  tabron and miron would still be sniffing glue in the alleyways!!
We may be old and we maybe crap, but we still keep it alive, and the majority of us still ride.
Go back in your hole an come out when you get your head round what you just said! cos from here you sound a gimp!!! :tickedoff:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

spesh

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 09:06 AM »
 :wtf:who the f#ck is that little up-start! from what i can see of nu-skool bikes is they all look the same with there mono tone colours ie al black or all brown and ridden by spotty little twats who dont wash yet and have to wear hoodies to cover up thier acne ridden faces!
now this may be the wrong assumption but i didnt start my first post by slagging off the majority of this site because they like the old bikes which i for one do!

the truth?  :Aresehole: more like!
he,s gonna go far on this site!

zed4130

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 09:19 AM »
not even going to waist my time typing   :tickedoff: he's a twat without a clue   :yahoo_silent: 

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 09:51 AM »

;D

Welcome to the site dude! Nice to see you care enough about the history of the sport to visit our humble site.

A couple of things in feedback to your comments;

1) We are preserving the history of the sport we all love so much and have been involved in for over 25 years.
2) It's nice to reflect, it helps you make the most of every day.
3) Mostly, we all still ride.
4) And we ride new school bikes...we know they are better.
4) A few of the riders you listed (a fine role call BTW) are members of this site. Jerry Galley is a good friend and I've ridden with quite a few of the others.
5) And no, I was never as good as any of them! But feck I try.

Put your feet up and have a look around, it's all good, it's all BMX...no one takes it too seriously, dude.

Again, welcome. It'll be great to hear your story.

In the words of Mat Hoffman...Ride on.

:daumenhoch:

the truth

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 09:54 AM »
twat with out a clue ?
i have ridden a bike from 1980 till this day apart from Alex Leech on this site were the fook were you in the early 90's
when bmx was dead,
My point is i met up with some the guys on this space and all they did was moan and look at bike bits it was very sad indeed,

you are so sad to try and pull me up on spelling of graig campbell (who gives a shit)
when the skaters Middle aged shred meet up they all Skate not stand around looking at whos got the shiniest anodised chainring.

INVENT YOUR PAST !!!!!!!!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 10:00 AM »
What does "invent your past" mean?

You sound very much like Weston to me!!

Why come on here and kick off, aint you got any respect

Flaz

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 10:03 AM »
were the fook were you in the early 90's
when bmx was dead,

out my face on E shagging anything  that had a pussy like almost every red blooded british male in there early twenties was doing at that time

not riding a fooking bike thats for sure   "MUG"

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 10:06 AM »
 ::)

Fair point dude. A lot of us did drop out of the scene in the early nineties...jobs, uni, drugs, family, whatever the excuse, it happens.

The whole 'INVENT YOUR PAST' thing, is what I meant by 'it's good to reflect'. It helps you live each day to the max as these are the memories you'll take to your grave...and BMX gives me some of my best memories; from Christmas 1982 right up to getting on my bike last weekend.

It's all good.

Hey, you must have some great pics & stories from the last 27 years - grab a scanner and share your life!

Nice one!

:daumenhoch:

Coastvl

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 10:06 AM »
/\ /\ /\ What he said!

and wadda ya mean NO Australians? Ryan Guettler not good enough for you? Or the many others that are kickin butt at the moment?
pfft,  get a job.

theRuler

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 10:09 AM »
why are you even here?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 10:10 AM »
Stodgy, forever the diplomat!!! Your right though, if the Truth has never stopped riding then he is gonna have a whole load of history to share with us, unless we are not worthy??

Perhaps the truth would be happier if we all returned to being middle aged farts and growing old gracefully

bsdforever

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 10:11 AM »
i have ridden a bike from 1980 till this day apart from Alex Leech on this site were the fook were you in the early 90's
when bmx was dead,

well I know that I (Grant Smith) was riding all that time and so was yoda (Dave Young) and teamsano (Gogo)

IDENTIFY YOURSELF!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:17 AM by bsdforever »

theRuler

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Stodgy, forever the diplomat!!! Your right though, if the Truth has never stopped riding then he is gonna have a whole load of history to share with us, unless we are not worthy??

sounds like a fence watcher to me

if someone had been riding for 25+ years they wouldn't go onto any bmx site with this kind of bullshit attitude.

are you a snakeboarder, the truth?

SaMAlex

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Thanks for the name check, I’m stoked, but there are more “riders” on here that you are giving credit. I rode in the dead 90s with several members on here. (can you go back and put me on the list in the first post? Ha ha).

I know what you mean about skaters. They always just seem to get on with the skating and don’t waste time on the skateboards them selves. I think BMXers are always like that, current riders, and old schoolers I know I tend to skip through magazines looking for the new product pages.

I guess I was just too sad to find anything else to do other than ride in the 90s! ha ha

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 10:19 AM »

Anyone fancy a bet that this thread will get to 12 pages by 8pm tonight?

Cat. Pigeons.  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  george orwell

gfxgfx
gfx gfx