gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  bmx action bike "licence to fly" sticker
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bmx action bike "licence to fly" sticker  (Read 2397 times)

spesh

Re: bmx action bike "licence to fly" sticker
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 09:08 PM »
How big do these decals need to be?
dunno 3" x 3" ?
anyone else know?

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 06:56 AM »
That'll be too small for this decal as some parts of it when cut will be too small. I'll do a sample and get it as small as I can and post pics up when I've done it, probably this evening.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 10:04 AM »
How do you make a sticker like this up Del?  I have done some before using self adhesive photo paper and then covering it with Fablon. Its ok but doesn't stand up to getting wet unless you cut the fablon larger.
Do you make them out of vinyl and then stick them together ?
Does anyone know where the original picture came from, I thought it was from the Haro book but it isn't  ?

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 10:20 AM »
All my decals are made from cut vinyl. I'd make one like this by 2 layers.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 11:07 AM »
It would be nice to be able to do it but the equipment must cost a few quid. Do you stick the 2 layers together, cut the shapes and then remove the bits you don't want, or do the 2 seperate and then stick them together.  I can see that it would be a tad tricky to reall small stuff, would take hours.
Just interested how its done.

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 11:11 AM »
It would be nice to be able to do it but the equipment must cost a few quid. Do you stick the 2 layers together, cut the shapes and then remove the bits you don't want, or do the 2 seperate and then stick them together.  I can see that it would be a tad tricky to reall small stuff, would take hours.
Just interested how its done.

I have to cut individual colours then layer them. I mught throw together a "how to" one day and you'll see how its done

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Thanks for that.  I was thinking of getting some made but didn't want to plan something only to find out it can't be done.
Be nice to know how proper printed ones as well, and as for foil ones, who knows. I did notice thet you can get printable foil from WH Smiths its not sticky though, perhaps it could be used for 1 offs if you stuck it on with thin double sided tape.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  bmx action bike "licence to fly" sticker

gfxgfx
gfx gfx